Thread: Booting problem in Inspiron 5150

Booting problem in Inspiron 5150

Hi,
    With me there is dell laptop. I am not able to boot my laptop. I am having windows vista installed in my system. When i press the power key the green light flashed and goes off. Yesterday i was able to boot by system properly. I don't know what happened today in my system. Are there suggestions for this problem? How will i fix this problem? Please help me.

Re: Booting problem in Inspiron 5150

I think that the problem with you is a bit complicated .I would suggest you to visit a technician for this problem. There can be many reasons for this problem, but one of the reasons would be that there might be problem with your operating system. I want to know that are able to see the red light. Give me the complete information regarding your issue.

The similar problem ids even faced by me .I too have the dell laptop and it is not getting booted. When i press the start button i get the dell start up screen and the option for the F2 and F12 key. I have tried several solutions, even i had reloaded my operating system, but nothing seems to working for me. Can anyone help me out in solving the issue? What should i do know?

I think that there might be problem with the mother board of your laptop, it might be damaged. As you are able to see some sort of video on the monitor so your CPU and RAM are fine. If you are not getting any beep then it is 80% problem with the Power supply or with the motherboard. I will suggest you to get checked your mother board and if it is fine then definitely there is problem with the power supply.

Even i had faced the similar problem. I tried the solution given on one of the sites, it solved my problem. First you try to disconnect all the hardware from your laptop except the hard drive and try to boot it in the safe mode. This safe mode booting will neglect the hard drives such as Card reader, DVD RW etc. Now you make your laptop in the standby mode. Hope it solves your issue.

First start your laptop by pressing the power key. Now keep pressing the F2 key on your laptop for some time. It takes you in the boot section. Now in this you will need to set the order correctly for the booting purpose i.e. CD ,hard disc etc. You will also need to remove all the hardware which is not itemized on your system. You need to save this setting and exit the setup. Your will be able to boot now.

I had the similar issue in my laptop. When i use to pressed the power button, the welcome screen of the dell use to pope up and went off. I thought of an idea, i pressed the F2 key and then i pressed the escape key. After doing this it turned on and i was amazed. It started because it needed to download the QuickTime thing for it tunes and i was re-booting my laptop and it never rebooted properly.