Thread: Shortcuts on the desktop of Windows CE

Shortcuts on the desktop of Windows CE

these days is still a problem arose that I had not noticed, namely that the links that I put on my desktop do not remain embedded WinCE 6 after having them turned off and on, I have searched for this thing I made several attempts, even if I put a the folder within Windows itself disappears when the re-power the navigator and I do not understand why this is happening.

Re: Shortcuts on the desktop of Windows CE

I do not know which browser you (windows CD embedded just tells me about that) but in some the "off "is equivalent to a hard reset and lose all the “personal settings "(and usually restores the Windows folder to the factory). You put it in standby mode to see if something changes? Try to do these things and then let me know the result about that.

It is on standby you can put it and not get lost, but leave it for 2 to 3 days is equivalent to download it too (although should not) and then the problem reoccurs , I was hoping for some solution but at this point it is clear that just goes off reset and every time I start my pseudo desktop I have to check on the sd .

With the automated script could still return to the situation pre - shutdown, that is a kind of batch files that copy back links on the desktop. If you can try then just go for that thing. But I am not giving any assurance that thing is going to work. This thing is little trick that can used for solving the problem that you are facing.

Well this thing is interesting, wanting instead of a desktop shortcut you could restore the connection of the pseudo desktop directly into the start up automatically wince as part well if so then there is to figure out how a script is going to work and the point of being assured cannot be give, because until and unless you are not trying for that you will not get the clear idea about that.

But in that case I have to switch parties so pseudo desktop Information Sys - CE or the Windows desktop with a link to the pseudo -desktop? In the first case , just put in folder Start up a shortcut to the startup of the pseudo -desktop , in the second case you need a script (from the folder to start up ) that restores the connection to the pseudo -desktop desktop to Windows CE Every time you start Windows CE.

There is a problem in both the cases the connection (either the desktop or in start-up folder, which I prefer) then disappears and I have to go to SD to find the exe to the start of PD. If I turn off the links disappear, if I put on standby do not disappear, but when you download (even if it is on standby) and point us head! So there has to be a solution for this problem.