Thread: WSUS 3.0 SP2 installation failed

WSUS 3.0 SP2 installation failed

Hi I have a problem installing on a Terminal Server Windows 2008 R2. Installation fails with the error:
    There is a Windows Installer package that Affected by Problem. A program that is part of the installation was executed, was not completed successfully. Contact your support personnel or the manufacturer of the package.

Has anyone any idea how I can solve the problem? Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: WSUS 3.0 SP2 installation failed

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Update Services \ Server \ Setup> wYukonInstalled from the 1 to make a 0. I am sure that this will make some help in sorting out your issue. If you are having more doubt in installing the WSUS 3.0, you should better check Installing WSUS 3.0 Server in Windows Server 2008 SP2. This is nice guide for installing WSUS 3.0.

If I install WSUS (whether on wheels add or on the installation file) installed it, the Windows Internal Database and then asks whether the default Web site to be used, or whether a separate WSUS site (port 8530) to be created. I choose the port from 8530 (have tried both versions), it installed on and fails with the above mentioned error message. When I try to install the WSUS once it connects to the Windows Internal Database, which is still installed, ask for the WSUS site and terminates at the same point with the same error message. Help me.

Retry the setup. Before Clicking next (but after the package is extorted) find the sqlrun.msi out of those extracted files and physically copy it to System32 \ Setup. Continue once it's there. One of my friend was having the same issue, which got resolved by doing the above steps. I hope that it will help you too. Let us know if that works.

I had a similar problem, but solved it by deleting registry entries and some folders. In my case the quandary was that Microsoft SQL Server still had registry entries, even though I formerly uninstalled WSUS (the only application using SQL server on this meticulous). For some rationale SqlRun.msi is not extorted when these registry entries are still there. So I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Microsoft SQL Server \ and deleted the "Microsoft SQL Server" entry after first exporting it. Additionally I also moved the folders "Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server" and% windir% \ SYSMSI \ SSEE \ MSSQL.2005 \. Then I tried to install WSUS 3.0 and it worked.