Thread: Windows 7 won't boot in safe mode, keeps running start up repair

Windows 7 won't boot in safe mode, keeps running start up repair

My PC or Windows 7 to be hung desperately to sleep mode. A reset Windows starts, we found the following problem but after the colorful logo I've only a black screen and a mouse, not works anymore. The repair option for auto repair two times I've done, in the end they said there were no problems so far. My last backup is far behind account all other points. Safe mode will not do. I miss start the entry "Last good configuration" from Win XP. Now the question are there any tools or commands with which I can do to start again?

Re: Windows 7 won't boot in safe mode, keeps running start up repair

I would suggest you to Restore your system to a specific point where you did not had such kind of problem. HKLM or software has broken through the above reset. Try to Repair Using CD or Live system on C: \ windows \ system32 \ config navigate \ regback.
    There, the Hives, and system software into C: \ Windows \\ system32 copy config The files look there - date - would be the last resort, boot up the system. Otherwise, save all your data and reinstall the operating system.

Try to View the list of system recovery tools you can use to repair startup problems, run diagnostics or restore the system. This option is only available if the computer's hard disk tools installed. If you have an installation disk for Windows system recovery tools are available on the installation disk.

Try to use the Startup Repair , because it is a repair tool for Windows that can solve some problems that prevent Windows from starting correctly, for example, when the file system is unavailable or damaged. Startup Repair will scan your computer for the problem and try to prove that even the successful startup of the computer.

The following procedure will help you to get this problem resolved
    1. Insert the installation cd and restart the system.
    2. Go to the start Button and click the arrow net to the lock button before restarting the system.
    3. Choose the language settings and simply click the next button.
    4. Select Repair your computer.
    5. Click the operating system to be restored and then again select Next.
    6. Enter username and passowrd then press OK.
    7. Finally select startup repair.

hello,

i cannot start my windows 7 in safe more or use recovery function, what can i do ?

problem happened after windows 7 update, then after restart windows defender asked me to restart again, and then blue screen or auto restart forever.

i would like to disable or uninstall windows defender as i can access the command prompt but i can't find how to do ?

And do you know how to uninstall windows latest update with command prompt ?

Thanks for help.

Quote Originally Posted by sonylaptopfrank View Post
    hello,

i cannot start my windows 7 in safe mode or use recovery function, what can i do ?

problem happened after windows 7 update, then after restart windows defender asked me to restart again, and then blue screen or auto restart forever.

i would like to disable or uninstall windows defender as i can access the command prompt but i can't find how to do ?

And do you know how to uninstall windows latest update with command prompt ?

Thanks for help.
    Can you tell us the blue screen error code that you are getting? Try logging into Advanced startup options. The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts. Refer the link below for more details:

Advanced startup options (including safe mode)
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ing-safe-mode#
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I have a similar problem.

I upgraded my hardware. I3 cpu and new mother board etc.

Now the Windows 7 wont bootup. The windows logo comes up and then just as its about start with the coloured dots, then it reboots.

I have tried to do the repair and still the same problem.

Can you please..help

Exclamation Windows 7 won't boot, startup repair doesn't solve, safe mode won't boot

Dear all,

After installing (and having uninstalled) several programs, my Lenovo G560 4GB RAM, Intel I3 core, Windows 7 Home doesn't boot anymore.

Safe mode was working until yesterday which allowed me to back up all my files and I'm ready to completely re-install Windows.

But now Safe Mode won't boot anymore either.

Can anyone please help/tell me if and how I can re-install windows without being able to access Safe Mode?

There is a 2nd hard drive in My Computer I remember with all the drivers. I did not receive any CD/DVD-rom upon purchase of my laptop.

I used to have only Avast, Microsoft Security Essentials and Lavasoft Adaware as AV/anti malware. (all 3 uninstalled now)

I noticed the words/files trojan, backdoor and a file called something like misleading.trojan [?] during a running scan (possible a scan from Advanced System Care), these files were being scanned but no threat was detected.
    Because I wanted to detect and delete these, I tried to download other AV software.

Since despite these files showing in a scan everything was working fine I should never have touched anything!!

The programs I installed when my Windows 7 was still working fine were all from CNET which is why I trusted them:
    Because of compatibility I had do uninstall some AV and in the end I uninstalled (and hopefully cleaned the traces with CCleaner) some of the programs I tried as well.

These are the programs I installed from CNET over the last week:

- Avira Anti Virus (uninstalled now)
    - Glary utilities (uninstalled now)
    - Spybot search and destroy (uninstalled now)
    - Trojan Guarder (uninstalled now)

- Objectdock (dock like in MAC but for windows, as a nice taskbar)
    - UMplayer
    - Smartdefrag
    - Belarc Advisor
    - Winstat (little program showing how you use your hard drive)
    - AVG Anti Virus
    - Malawarebytes
    - Advanced System Care
    - CCleaner (with which I deleted files from the registry that CCleaner said were faulty but added them all back (from the saved backups) to the registry later when my laptop starting slowing down, not working properly)

I now cannot:

- boot Windows 7 (stuck at windows logo)
    - Safe Mode won't boot (last loaded driver AVGD...)

Really want to re-install Windows. Can somebody let me know if this is possible from the first LENOVO boot selection menu (F12)?

Thank you very much

Before you go for reinstalling Windows you should give a look on the following link and let me know whether it is helpful to you…
    Windows 7 can't boot up at all. Safe Mode and Start Up Repair won't load

Thanks for your reply.

Eventually I was able to access the Safe Mode in which I could add back the files that Advanced System Care and CCleaner deleted from the registry.

They were backed up and after adding them back I could start windows normally.

It froze and I couldn't use it at all but after scheduling a CHKDSK before startup, running this one (took a few hours) everything's back to normal now.

I guess those registry 'fixers' can mess up a computer with 1 click, won't touch that again.

Anyway, thanks again, I also contacted the website where I bought my pc and they said to re-install windows I have to press the ThinkVantage button at first when turning on my laptop.