Thread: Startup repair scan cannot fix errors

Startup repair scan cannot fix errors

I need a help regarding my system. I have bought the laptop in the january 2010. It was working fine but now I have got a new problem today that its start up repairing scan is not able to fix the problem. Actually when I started the system it started a start up repairing scan. But at last it shows a massage that it is unable to fix the problem. I tried to exit it to doing an another scan. I have also tried to do a system restore but fails it shows error. Please help me to solve the error. Thanks in advance.

Re: Startup repair scan cannot fix errors

As you have stated that your systems start up repairing scan is not able to fix the problem. I think to sort out this problem you need to reboot the system. You can also use the safe mode booting. I think this the only way to get the desired solution. Try to boot your system. This may help you to sort the problem.

I am sorry say you that I have tried my system to safe node but it was not able to go on with the safe mode. It says there is no safe node to boot. Please any Idea to get this problem solved. I don't have the boot able CD to boot the system. I don't know what to do now. Please help me.

As you are using laptop and you don't have original restore CD you need to do a backup. It will be great if you have created an image CD of the original restore CD. As there is only one hard drive in the laptop. You should to use an external device to restore the data. So that at the time of booting you can use the external device to store the data. To solve your problem you need to boot your system. Only this way you can get the solution.

As you have a serious problem as I have with my desktop. I have done memory check and check disks also. But it is failed to found any problem.I will suggest you to do all this as you didn't tried all this perhaps it may help you. If not then you have reinstall the system. You have to do all the required updates to the system.

I think it may be a trouble which is cause by the virus or bug. They may be acted on the restore system and also on the windows start up repair scan. This result in functioning of the module. You can take the support of the company of which laptop you are using. They will help you sort out the problem. I think this problem occur in windows 7 or vista. You can also search the Google for this problem to be solved.
    Last edited by Calvin K; 10-09-2010 at 05:45 PM.

pixelbob Guest

Is this a brand new unit? You may need to contact the original manufacturer because you will need a boot up disk. It seems that there is a problem with the boot directory and for you to be able to fix it you will need a boot up disk.
    Last edited by pixelbob; 11-09-2010 at 04:06 AM.