Thread: Cannot boot Windows 7 Professional without DVD!

Cannot boot Windows 7 Professional without DVD!

Hi,
    I have a problem on my system at the time of booting with windows 7. And I am unable to boot from the DVD-ROM, I am getting the error message as “Cannot boot from DVD Code:5”, Do anyone have some suggestion for me and can of you say me what kind of problem I am facing for?

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.
    Last edited by Panchu; 10-09-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Re: Cannot boot Windows 7 Professional without DVD!

The same problem I am facing from two days when I have change the DVD-ROM on my system but this has been sorted by me. I will help you out from this problem can you say me that what is your burning speed at the time of burning ISO file. Make sure that the DVD-ROM is not corrupted and it is working properly

Thanks for your advice I have gone through my DVD-ROM drive which is proper I have checked my DVD-ROM with the connecting it to the other computer system. On my friend computer system my DVD-ROM works properly without any trouble occurring in it and we have done the insert the DVD on it check it was working. So what will be the problem on that?

Actually it may happen when the DVD boot sector is corrupted or damage. Be positive that you should use a suitable boot file for booting the Windows on your system. If you do not have success, then perhaps your DVD-ROM media are to blame. It may happen due to awful quality of DVD and the problems with the media tend to have their boot sectors difficult to use. It's not at all times the case, but it's been known to happen, your code 5 error.

pixelbob Guest

Did you burn the copy of Windows 7 or is it an original copy? Because it is better to burn Windows 7 at the lowest speed possible for better readable content. And if this is an original disk you may need to contact Microsoft and ask for a replacement.