Thread: installing Windows XP on DELL XPS 1645

installing Windows XP on DELL XPS 1645

I bought a new Dell XPS 1645 last week. I wanted to install windows XP on my laptop because. I managed to install window XP on my new Laptop but I am facing some kind of problem with my windows software or with drivers. On my laptop all works are going well and smoothly but when I try to play any audio file, it’s not work. I did not get sound from my laptop. If anybody have suitable audio driver for this model (Dell XPS 1645) please provide me. I have dell studio 1555 audio drivers but I am not able to install this driver on my laptop. If I am making any mistake with installation steps then tell me or is there any other way to install audio drivers. Please help me……

Re: installing Windows XP on DELL XPS 1645

I am also using window XP on my dell XPS 1645 laptop and its working well on all form. I think so you have to download UAA BUS driver then install your sound driver in your laptop. To found the suitable driver for you model number you have visit dell official website. Then download the driver your driver IDT sound driver that is used by HP DV7 and DV5 notebook. It is the same and I hope it will work well and will solve your problems.
    Last edited by Devasis; 09-09-2010 at 12:02 AM.

This problem is normal when you try to install XP drivers. What I fell you are making some mistake in installing process. First go to the laptop manufacturer website and download the suitable driver for your model version. Click on the downloading links and download the Studio 1555 Windows XP drivers and save them of your disk. Now make this process: if you are seeing the blue color screen during window XP setup then make these steps: Go to BIOS by pressing F12 key , set the flash cache option to “No” and also change the mode of hardware for AHCI to ATA. Now the final step is save and exits the changes and reset the laptop. Now you install the driver and make reboot with laptop. I hope this will solve the problem.
    Last edited by Solomon; 09-09-2010 at 12:03 AM.

I also bought the model Dell XPX 1645 laptop but I am not using window XP on this laptop. I got this laptop with windows 7 and its works very good. Why should use the lower version why the higher one is available. The window 7 is best version of all window s OS. You should lead your laptop with windows 7 and forget about window XP. I think so you also got window 7 on your laptop but you made format on your laptop and now trying to install window XP. I think so using window 7 is best. You should go for windows seven and its all driver you will found on the dell website.

Every hardware part needs software to install “driver” to make it work on computers. Its help the computer utilize the device properly. Same like sound card also need audio drivers to play audio file on laptop/ desktop. Installing the sound driver is very easy. Here I am providing you the real way to install the drivers on you dell laptop for windows XP Click on "Start" button and go to “Control Panel." Now double-click on “Administrative Tools" and now "Computer Management." Here you chose the device manager. Here you find the sound, video and audio controller Click the plus sign (+) next to that field which will include your sound card. Right click on your audio driver in the list and select "Update Driver." Follow the instructions and Windows will automatically search for and install any driver updates. After the installation reboot your laptop.

This problem is not big deal. If you have installed genuine windows XP and also have internet connection then you XP will solve this problem automatically. You should look for the drives update. Sometimes lower version of driver does not support the system and I have seen lots of example that Windows xp does not utilize multiple cores like windows 7 does. First advise you upgrade your OS and if you do not want to do that the please update your all driver online.

In my Dell laptop I am not facing all this kind of problem with windows XP. You should try to upgrade you system. Go and try to download and install driver updates from the website of your manufacturer of your laptop or sound card. If your laptop has any crashes after installing a new driver then attempt to download and install a different one. Normally any driver downloaded using Window's automatic driver updating, work properly without having any problems.

Exclamation Re: installing Windows XP on DELL XPS 1645

Hello everybody.

If i correctly understood you could find a drivers for XP. Help me please where it's possible to download them?
    support.dell.com isn't exist XP drivers. :-(

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SergeyGlebov View Post
    Hello everybody.

If i correctly understood you could find a drivers for XP. Help me please where it's possible to download them?
    support.dell.com isn't exist XP drivers. :-(

Thank you!
    If you want to install windows xp in your dell xps 1645 then why dont you install it in windows 7 XP mode. I have heard that most of the hardwares and its drivers are not supported if you only install windows xp in this dell system, so it is better to use windows xp in virtual mode. You could follow the suggestions on how to install windows xp in virtual mode in windows 7 here - How to Install and Configure Virtual Windows XP Mode in Windows 7