Thread: Blank Screen on bootup

Blank Screen on bootup

Hi,
    I am using a dell inspiron 1526 ,initially as it was new it was booting two times and the blank screen use to appear twice . Now after some days it boots 15 times before a normall start.
    I dont know what is the problem and i really want to fix it up.
    Do i replace my motherboard or is it a normall booting problem or anythng else .
    Please help.
    Last edited by Tarank; 08-09-2010 at 09:01 AM.

Re: Blank Screen on bootup

The first thing you have to do shut down your machine. unplugged it from the powersupply then disconnect the computer.

Once you done with this then turn on your monitor, and see whether theb self test comes up or not. Most modern monitors have a self-test that will appear when there are no inputs connected.If no self test appears you will have to check the brigtness of your monitor whether it is fully went down accidently.To adjust the monitor brightness you have to open menu, you will usually just need to click the menu button and the purpose of the exercise is to make sure that the monitor does actually work. Once you have done the testing you should reconnect the monitor to the computer.

If you are facing eith the booting problem follw thw follow the following steps to fix it.

• Create a Microsoft Windows boot disk to start the computer.
    • Run the latest virus scanning softwares to verify that the virus ia present in your machine or not.
    • Ensure that the master boot record is valid. Boot from a virus-free MS-DOS version 5.0 or later boot disk with FDISK on it. Run the following command:
    • FDISK /MBR
    • If the primary partition is FAT then boot from an MS-DOS disk, perform a SYS C
    • Run windoes setup and choose the repair option.
    • Choose the Inspect boot Sector and Restore Startup Environment options.
    • If the system still fails to boot correctly, use Attrib.exe or File Manager to remove the file attributes from the NTLDR file located in the root of the system partition.
    • Copy a new NTLDR file from the i386 directory of the Windows CD-ROM to replace the existing one.

The solution for this problem is to repair the windows installation.

Here are the following steps that are to followed to repair the windows installation.
    1. Use the Windows XP CD-ROM to start your computer. On the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to set up Windows XP.
    2. press F8 to enter the setup
    3. use the arrow keys for the selection of the areas that you want to repair and after selecting press R
    4. Windows XP Setup repairs the installation files,
    5. Windows XP automatically restarts, and then the Setup program finishes the repair of your Windows XP installation.
    6. Follow the remaining steps to set up windows , which will preceed as soon as the computer is restart
    Last edited by MrChris-; 08-09-2010 at 09:56 AM.

This issue may occur if you have a CD, a DVD or a floppy disk in your CD, DVD, or floppy drive when you start the computer.To resolve this issue, remove the media in your CD, DVD, or floppy drive and then restart the computer.

I would recommend booting from the XP CD and do the same thing as you would to install Windows XP. Only, it should ask you to Repair your Windows XP installation instead of delete the Windows directory. Don't be afraid.. As long as there is not an option to delete-replace your Windows directory, then it will repair your XP installation.. Keeping all of your settings etc..