Thread: VMware Fusion or Parallel Desktop for Game

VMware Fusion or Parallel Desktop for Game

Hello,
    I wonder what is the software between the two which is compatible with games to install on my imac 2.4 GHz 2 GB DDR. With GTA does having a CD that turns and nothing else with Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion. No windows opens with hitman under parallels desktop and VMware Fusion, there is a window that opens but it encounters a problem and needs to close. Thank you.

Re: VMware Fusion or Parallel Desktop for Game

The virtualization software can not play games that require a lot of video memory. If you want to play games on your Mac, two solutions: either you buy the games for mac, or you install windows in boot camp. Finally, I have played warcraft 3 vmware fusion, but while the minimum was unplayable. Imagine playing in 640 * 480, And not even 20 fps.

Thank you for your answer, but I already tested the install with boot camp but it did not work, how to format the BootCamp partition as FAT32 and NTFS without to change the name BootCamp? So, if you have any answer to this then please let me know. Thank you.

Well, when you made your hard drive with boot camp utility, it is very easy, Just follow the steps. Then you end up with a partition in FAT32. Then you restart the installation CD of Windows (Vista or XP SP2) and from the mac is like a normal pc. So during the installation of windows, there is a step or Windows asks you which partition you want to install. After choosing the partition (be careful to choose the right one), you can format in the format you want, with windows. I advise you to NTFS, even if you can not write from the mac on the partition. But Windows will work better in NTFS.

The boot camp that had created and I washed and FAT32 to NTFS format. The installation went like a charm except that starting then, I had a black screen with bootlogo missing or something like that. What manipulation that I had not done properly? Thank you for your replies.