Thread: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R problem with Installing windows 7

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R problem with Installing windows 7

Currently I am using windows vista os. But I have to install windows 7 but it shows problem. I just want to share that what is the problem occurring at the time of installing ? Actually I am trying to install my new Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R setup . But I have tried everything first I install windows 7 on my ssd when it reboot first during the time of installation it just power cycles and after that goes no further an the every attempt I have made. Then after this I ave tried it on the a 80gb 7200 rpm lying around... did the same. Then I have tried to run out outside the case. But by mistakenly put the SATA cords into my old disk instead of ssd. old disk is a normal 7200rpm 250gb disk. And what happens? The old Windows 7 installation boots off it. And windows notices some new hardware (mb,cpu,ram) and it runs fine. So I am not able to understand that what is the problem that windows 7 won’t install on my intell X-25 SSD disk. Then in last I have tried one attempt to install windows 7 again on the 80GB disk but it get failed. Please can anyone have it’s explanation?

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R problem with Installing windows 7

Hey buddy I read your problem. It is same like my friend's problem. He was also facing this problem then some of his cousin help him. Can you tell me what is your SATA port no. And ther other one your controller no which you use to connect through SSD? And ya after that try to switch your conyrol mode of your SATA controller to AHCI and I think it will surely solve your problem which is related to installation of windows 7 installation.

Hey friend I have tried it. Actually I am using windows 7 of 64 bit. And I have tried all three ICH10R at Sata_0, Gigabyte2 at SATA_8 and Marvell 9128 at SATA 6. But nothing seems to be happen. Now I am trying to install windows xp now only to see what happens. Whatever you are saying to switch it I have tried it but It also not working. So Now what to do ?

Hey buddy I had also faced this problem 2 month back. And then I searched a lot on this topic then I got a solution from one of the forum site. I worked in my case. I think it will also solve your problem. Because can I see that similar issue with you also. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-920i, 6gb Corsair 1333mhz In bios under the advanced CPU settings actually there are two options options which if disabled, they stop all these power saving gimmicks with the cpu when idle. And these are :
    CPU Enhanced Halt
    CPU C3/C6/C7 State Support
    And in this I have disabled both the options in the CPU setting and these changes finally managed to pass the first reboot. Actually after doing this all things has been working now fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elieis View Post
    Hey buddy I read your problem. It is same like my friend's problem. He was also facing this problem then some of his cousin help him. Can you tell me what is your SATA port no. And ther other one your controller no which you use to connect through SSD? And ya after that try to switch your conyrol mode of your SATA controller to AHCI and I think it will surely solve your problem which is related to installation of windows 7 installation.
    Hey friend I am also facing this problem. And whatever you told to do I did the same thing but I am not able to load any drivers. And I visit on the some of the forum site but whatever I got solution there it seems to concern slow install of Win 7. I have that problem also but that went away when I have disabled the floppy BIOS. And after that I have try to load SATA drivers. But it also didn’t work now I am very much afraid. Can anyone suggest me what to do?

Hey friend you are like my hero. Actually I was also facing thos problem and I was just getting sick from this. But When I read this reply which you have posted I have did the same thing as you said. And finally I got the solution of my problem thanks a lot buddy.

Hey actually I am also in the list of people who are thanking you for your this post. Because I have tried lots of solution which are posted by some other but it didn't work in my case. then I have read your post and then I have did the same thing as you have posted. And then finally it fix my problem. And now I am doing all these on windows 7 os. Thanks a lot buddy.