Thread: Microsoft TV/Video Connection, What is this?

blush Microsoft TV/Video Connection, What is this?

I have noticed something on my Windows XP Home system as when i am see it in the Network connections (WinXP Home). It has poped up after which i uninstalled it. I guess it is due to installation of USB Capture device or may be due to ACEMCP. I can see it in the Network places that there are 2 network connections. One is the Ethernet connection and one more is "Local Area Connection 2 / Connected / Microsoft TV/Video Connection".

Re: Microsoft TV/Video Connection, What is this?

No TV card, no webcam, no freebox, etc.. I have this connection, but the worst is that to me it is not on the panel connections. I just see when I try to put my PC on the ip 10.0.0.1 and there I said it was impossible because the ip is already used by "Connecting to TV / video Microsoft" ? I have it since I reinstalled XP SP2 but I had never before had this in my life and I have not changed my config. I just rebooted it does not change anything but I can force the PC to the IP.

It is true that I, too, recently installed the special version of VideoLan Freebox, which allows for the digital TV channels on your PC even if he has no TV tuner card ... but it seems that the network connector "weird" is not apparent after the installation but immediately after that of Livecom and my webcam. Having nothing else installed on my bike (except Skype, but was quickly uninstalled) in recent weeks, and not having to update XP online for a long time, I think it's probably related to the use of Livecom and / or a webcam ... or may be special version of videolan Freebox.

The "TV / Video Network Connection" Normally isn't working Until You Use Your tuner / input device, After That, it stays active for your session CF firefighters Until you reboot or power-cycle. It Seems to only install When using WDM-compliant video-input systems. If you use the older VFW-style operating systems, It Does not SEEM to appear. Howeve, Most modern video apps prefer WDM / DirectShow-compliant operating systems to function properly. (MS NetMeeting Being the notable exception, as it uses VFW drivers Still.)