Thread: Windows Server 2008 is invisible

sad Windows Server 2008 is invisible

None of the clients can see the server in the network environment. Not even the server itself can see themselves in the network environment. However, the server can see each client and each client can see each client. Only the 2008 Server is for everyone, including himself invisible. Also the Hyper-V client is visible to all. But why not the server? I have already integrated the server as a DNS server and WINS server. Everything does not help. Has anyone an idea?

Re: Windows Server 2008 is invisible

Hmm sounds so as if the network discovery turned off. Try to turn on. If you do not know either what the SSDP service is good for: do not mind, I do not. When you're looking at Wikipedia you will find that SSDP stands for "Simple Service Discovery Protocol" and it is usually used for UPnP Device Discovery. Seems like some creative Microsoft programmer decided to use this service in WCF without documenting it. Finally two more hints, if you're new to WCF P2P Programming:
    1. Enhanced turn off the windows firewall, as it is blocking the IPv4 to Teredo tunneling V6 driver. Be persuaded that IPv6 is supported by your network infrastructure, as it is mandatory for the PNRP protocol.
    2. Do not fail to remember a flag in your app config to disable the p2p functions, as there will always be a associate that is wondering where the heck these "random" information came from (if it’s not aware of other peers running in the identical cloud, doing some fanatical stuff buggy).

Thanks for the quick reply. I was really so naive that I thought was always in the NEM server. However, I can not turn on . I go here with the extended release options on the various profiles and choose to activate. Then I click on save with UAC_Symbol. However, changes nothing. If I go in the menu is back again all the same: network recognition. It is, however, no error message or something. I am not able to troubleshoot the problem. Would you even as an idea?

However, I can not turn on. I go here with the extended release options on the various profiles and choose to activate. Then I click on save with UAC_Symbol. However, changes nothing. If I go in the menu is back again all the same: network recognition.
    The default is turned off in W2k8. Go show times on the network - and Sharing Center to computers and devices. Then there would come a hint that the network setting and file sharing is disabled. The two things to activate when clicked, then it would have seen.

If the Windows Server 2008 can not turn on network discovery, one should check whether the following services are enabled:
    • dnscache
    • fdrespub
    • SSDPSRV
    • upnphost

If one of the services are disabled, you should start it and if the problem has now been removed, set the startup to automatic. dnscache ran with me already. fdrespub I started. The other two services did not want to start. I hope that anyone still have.