Thread: How can I configure a VM to boot from USB key in Virtual PC of Windows 7?

How can I configure a VM to boot from USB key in Virtual PC of Windows 7?

How can I configure a VM with the help of USB key in VM of windows 7? I want to install new Virtual Machine on my windows 7.Is Microsoft VM supports USB devices? If so then tell me the procedure how to configure VM to boot with the help of USB device? Is there any setting to configure VM of the windows 7? As I heard UBS devices are not supported by VM, is it true? Please help me.
    Last edited by Just-Margaret; 24-08-2010 at 03:59 AM.

Re: How can I configure a VM to boot from USB key in Virtual PC of Windows 7?

That’s true, USB does not support to the VM. You should know that USB is a part of integration features. Integration features are only supported by windows OS. You are right that can’t boot VM through USB devices. Now this time Microsoft added some new features to Virtual Machine. Which makes it easy and help to run older version in windows 7? You should simply one click to launch of windows XP node application and choose USB support option.
    Last edited by Scubie67; 24-08-2010 at 04:19 AM.

The latest version of the Microsoft Virtual Machine is Virtual PC 2007. Which allows the users to run multiple Operating Systems on a single operating system? You can move one operating system to application at the same time. Virtual Machine allow to you run multiple guest machine on one host computer. So like this you can create a new Virtual Machine.

If you are the VMware Fusion 3 user then Fusion 3.1 is a free updated version has come for you. It is faster than the Fusion 3 and improved 3D performance. In this version Fusion adds US EasyConnect feature to easily assign USB devices to your Virtual Machine. You can see some new features like seamless scrolling and disk performance.

Its true that Microsoft virtual PC doesn't support USB devices. Also its hardware dependency is less. Instead for for VMware. It is a good one and supports us devices. I am using it right now.
    http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1361664.png

You want to create Virtual Machine in Microsoft Virtual PC:
    Open VM and click on New.
    In the new Virtual Machine Wizard, click to create a virtual machine.
    In the VM you have to locate name and location where you want to create your new VM. If you don’t have external hard disk then can use USB 2.0.
    In the new virtual machine wizard click to create a VM.
    Select your guest OS in the OS window. You install non Microsoft OS then choose “other”.
    Memory should be locating new guest VM based.
    Click to select a new virtual hard disk in virtual hard disk and have to give proper name. You have to make sure there is enough space on your hard disk.
    Now you are able to run a new VM on your windows 7.