Thread: MDT task creates an image with a duel boot option

MDT task creates an image with a duel boot option

Right now I am having Dell E6410, with Windows Vista Home Edition installed on it. I actually deleted all the partitions on it but did not delete the OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) partition. After all this, I allowed the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit to sequence at default for partitioning the disk. Now I have Windows 7 Enterprise, X64 bit as Operating System. After this I selected the capture option with neither restore option nor upgrade option. Now, two boot options are always displayed whenever the machine is rebooted. Can anyone help me to get out of this issue.

Re: MDT task creates an image with a duel boot option

Are you using MDT 2010? I have read that when MDT 2010 is used and then you choose to use capture option, then you two boot options for the Windows 7. You can try to import the image into the Operating Systems, once that is done that image will not contain the two boot options. If that did not work, image a single machine without the capture option. This for sure will not have the dual boot options. It gives you trouble only when the capture option is used.

Skylar, just was curious to know that whether the idea of custom image was successful. Was it able to reach your expectations. If not please give me some details of your problem. I want to know about the boot options that you were getting. If you can let me know it would be better for each and everyone that is viewing this thread...

I got the solution for my problem and I am very much thankful to this forum for that. I followed the instructions of the Devasis and finally figured out my problem. I just wanted to thanks Devasis, for this wonderful solution. Thanks Devasis. Hope you all will also help me to encounter my problems in the future.

sunnyrepairs Guest

Use reginout regcleaner to fix ur problem