Thread: Can't enable integration features. help!

Can't enable integration features. help!

I have installed Windows XP Ultimate x64 on my Virtual Machine. The essential configuration of my system is T7100 CPU and 4 GB of RAM. As soon as I start my system flash a message”Integration features have been disabled”. I can log on my computer without these features. The machine operates virtually but integration features are not available. How can I use Virtual Machine with integration features? Please help me.
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do". - Voltaire

Re: Can't enable integration features. help!

Firstly you should check out your VM configuration. Your VM configuration should be able to run the Windows features. If you have enabled System cryptography then Windows integration features will not work. There is a algorithm FIPS to encryption. You can login with integration features after encryption of the system cryptography.

You can encrypt the System cryptography using Group Policy Features. In the Group Policy you will see the setting to encryption. You have to choose gpedit.msc form Editor which can be access from computer configuration. You have to choose setting “Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security” Options. This setting will allow to access integration features after enabling it.

Basically windows 7 do not support a USB device. This happens so because the USB drivers are not recognized by the windows 7 ultimate. Therefore it is not available to windows 7 ultimate. If USB does not support to your VM then don’t worry about it because the drivers are not computable with windows 7. UBS will disable to windows 7.
    I like Surfing

If you have two computers on the same network and the name of both computers are same then you will get problem in networking. You have to change the name of host computer and name should be something different to VM computer. There should be host's NIC in XP mode to access shares and driver. The integration features should be installed and enabled to allow it.

If you install the integration features to run then click Tools. Tools option will appear after starting virtual 2008. To run integration feature follow the below steps :
    1.Click continue and then setting.
    2.Check mark in enable at startup.
    3.Starts command prompts and type on.
    4.Type on the command prompt to net stop “Virtual PC Integration Components Services Application”
    5.Type on the command prompt to start “Virtual PC Integration Components Services Application”
    Now you are able to enable the integration features after clicking the tools.
    God is REAL... unless declared an INTEGER