Thread: XP Mode data files not available

XP Mode data files not available

Hello, I have transferred some of my data files to C Drive via Window 7 inXP mode. In virtual mode all programs opens and runs finely but I can not access the data from the Window7 (real) disk. Data files are visible in XP mode C: network drive but it can not be opened. Please provide me any solution to this problem.

Re: XP Mode data files not available

All the drives are there in XP mode but there is a difference that they are not provided a drive letter They are available as network drives. You can get access to those drives by \\server\share.
    You can assign any letter to drive to Win 7 disk, just right click on my computer icon and select 'Map network drive' ad assign a letter. Just try it out and then you can access that drive by command window also. You just have to give name of the drive letter.

All the files are also available in XP mode but they can not be opened. The reason behind this is the drives in XP mode are not mapped to any name letter. You can assign a name or map a letter to the drives in XP mode to have access to those files.

Your files are available in XP mode. Suppose you have any Text file having name demo.txt in drive C:, And you try to access this file then from a XP mode application than it uses the path on the network "\\tsclient\C\file.txt". Then some of old applications will not support it.
    You have to check that whether your app support the path and if it does not support then store the data in XP mode Virtual machine C: drive.