Thread: Why don't mapped drives in XP Mode work until after it is closed and reopened?

Why don't mapped drives in XP Mode work until after it is closed and reopened?

I spent a few hours of integration and the old DOS program (Alpha 4 to Windows 7) for the client, until they can rise to the Alpha 10. I thought I had everything almost works, but now I have made the difficult problem of a nightmare, all the user's program is configured to start automatically when the log, including the car released four of them run XP within the Alpha mode. There are several web hosts; I have to re-map the DOS program in XP mode letters comprehensive stock. Therefore Ø: \ in Win7 host in the / / software tsclient / O's, but I mapped back to the O: \ virtual machines. The only problem that I am facing is that mapped drives in XP mode for.

Re: Why don't mapped drives in XP Mode work until after it is closed and reopened?

On a computer running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows 2000, you may experience the following symptoms: When you use Windows Explorer to map a network drive, the mapped network drive is not visible. You need the Windows session and then reconnect to the mapped drive to become visible. When you disconnect a network drive in Windows Explorer, the network drive is visible in Windows Explorer. To remove the network drive in Windows Explorer, you must session of Windows and then log on again.

Re: Why don't mapped drives in XP Mode work until after it is closed and reopened?

This problem occurs if the system policy "Hide and disable all desktop items" is enabled. Functionality mapped network drive in Windows Server 2003, Windows XP and Windows 2000 does not work as expected in Windows Explorer when the system policy "Hide and disable all desktop items" is enabled.

The problem is more related to Windows 7 that VCSharp 2008 (unless the 2010 round the bp). My program was developed on Vista and XP and worked well. Sources are on a NAS and is accessed via a letter from the mapped network logon script. But for debug, you must run with credentials directors. The problem is that in 7, the dialog box to open the project no longer sees any mappings. Has anyone ever met the functionality and found a way to circumvent it?