Thread: Virtual environment for launching applications has been closed

Virtual environment for launching applications has been closed

Nearly every now and then, whenever I start an XP mode I get this error "Virtual environment for launching applications has been closed.". However when I manage an application to open then all other applications can be opened without any issue. I tried installing and re-installing the components but could not make it to work. Has anyone here solution for this? I also want to confirm that this is the only issue with me or there are any such issues in the space out.

Re: Virtual environment for launching applications has been closed

I want to get confirm regarding some of the things with you . Do you suffer this issue with one application or many other application? I mean do you get this error every time, irrespective of the application you use first or it arises with only some of the applications when you use it first. Let me know about it. What you can do is, you can go for the updation of the BIOS. After you get done with the update, you can check this issue in Clean Boot. If this does not work you can go for the uninstallation/reinstallation of the integration features of Windows XP mode.

I want to let you know that you are not the only one having this problem. I was also getting the same error. Once, if I got a way with one of the application, the others follow it in a fine way, but when did not get a single application working it was really hard to start and work with it. This was like leaving it rather using it. Is this issue rectified by the MS? I had also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that did not work. Please let me know if there are some more solutions regarding this.

I am having the same issue and I would like to discuss it here on this forum . I installed Virtual Windows XP on my system. Till when I am running this in XP environment it has no issues, but when I launch the same exception from the Start menu of Windows 7, I get the same error saying "Virtual Environment for launching applications has been closed. Start a new application to restart the virtual environment.". Occasionally this works for the first time when it is used for the first time in the day. This also starts after the XP environment is hibernated. Should I go for the hibernation? Please help me.

Tejapaala, for you, I got the solution. I was having the same problem and got it fixed in the RC of Virtual XP mode. It was running fine with the XP mode software's final version. Hope that this should help you a lot. Once you are finished With this let me know. If still the problem persists you can cotact me again. You all are always welcomed.

I am really surprise to see hibernation in this section. AFAIK, hibernation in Windows XP professional is used to make the batteries in the laptop so that it can last for longet time. What I want to know here is that, can we have hibernation with VM running in it. I know one thing that Virtual XP shuts the VM to hibernation mode by default. In order to shutdown or power off, one must configure the Shutdown mode.