Thread: Task Scheduler - task creation error on Windows 2008 Server x64

Task Scheduler - task creation error on Windows 2008 Server x64

I am running with the issue of Task Scheduler on my Windows 2008 x64 Server.

The main issue is that if I try to generate the tasks from the Task Scheduler,and dropdown the box for 'Configure for' is selected as "Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000" and when I issue the OK button to generate the list of task, an error came up and says "An error has occurred for task 'name', The following error was reported: 2148073494" and the task is not created.

Why this type of issues are coming in the front and I also unable to generate the scheduled tasks from any programs - ViceVersa or Sophos - both report the privileges related errors when making the task.

Re: Task Scheduler - task creation error on Windows 2008 Server x64

Are you able to generate the same task in different system without any issues ? What task are you using to create the same ? Please be sure that your task script is not surrounded with the quotes within the Program/Script record of Action tab.

For some other programs, I don't have any idea about the working procedure and what type of permission they require . I would recommend you to contact with the vendor for further support.

Just an update to the same - I finally considered about the issue and after all, it has been resoled the same ! It is really easy, just moved to the location specified "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA"

RENAME or remove the directory "S-1-5-18"

Try generating a Task => The issue is now got resolved !! You don't even need to go for rebooting the machine , the S-1-5-18 directory is re-created automatically

If you would move to convert the error code specified as 2148073494 to hexadecimal, it is 0x80090016, that indicates that the keyset does not exist. It got generated because the Protected Storage service is not started. You beed start the service using the command line " net start "protected storage" at a command prompt and find out the result whether the issue moves away.

in order to this , I don’t quite got your meaning of “I also unable to create the scheduled tasks from other programs”. Could you please suggest some other information about the same ?

1. What type of task, you require to create?

2. Does the user account that the task run as has the local administrator permissions ?

3. Are there any error logs in the event viewer for the task scheduler? Please specify the error right now for further operations on the same issue.

If you wanted to configure the task to execute a batch job with a normal account, then please set the appropriate privileges to the user for read and execute permissions from the cmd.exe that the batch job runs within. For going to perform this , you have to go through the steps suggested :

1. Click onto the Start menu and then after click onto the Windows Explorer.

2. Suggest and then make a right-click on the file name specified as Cmd.exe file.

3. Click onto the Properties.

4. Click on the Security tab.

5. Click on the Add.

6. Enter the object names to choose box, issue the name of the user that the batch job executes within, and then click OK twice.

7. Click on the Yes dspecified when you are prompted to be continue.

I am running a Windows Server 2008R2 datacentre and trying to run task through the task scheduler. The Server is a VM that I use to restore data from other sites.

It is a simple task that starts a .bat file. When I double click the bat file, it runs perfectly. In the task scheduler, it give me a result of (0x1).

The exact same task worked perfectly in a 32bit Windows 2008 standard.

Please could someone assist. I am at my wits end.