Thread: Chrome crashes with IDM

Chrome crashes with IDM

I am using Windows XP on my machine on which i have installed Google Chrome browser but there is something wrong with this browser. Actually i have an Internet Download Manager (IDM) on this system and the problem is that my browser crashes at any time. I do not know that what is causing it to go crashing but please help me.

Re: Chrome crashes with IDM

I was using my Google Chrome without any problem but when i tried to download an Internet Download Manager then it started showing great problems. Actually it directly gets crashed when i try to download this IDM. I just do not get it that what could be the problem between both of this but i guess it must be crashing due to an IDM.

This kind of problem might come when you are trying to download the latest version of an Internet Download Manager on an older version of google chrome or an older version of an IDM on new chrome browser. I think you should first of all install the latest version of Google Chrome which is surely compatible with the new Internet Download Manager. So you may update your softwares now.

I have found that if you have selected Google Chrome Integration option in your Internet Download Manager then you face this crashing problem. I think you should disable this option from the Options -> General to make sure that Google Chrome is not checked. You may check about the same problem after changing the settings.

Problem with the google chrome would be the IDM itself as there would be some problematic with an Internet Downloading Manager which would be having some problem. I guess you should disable IDM then check that the chrome crashes or not. I think you should use some other Downloading manager which might not be having any such problem.