Thread: Powerware 5110 UPS

Powerware 5110 UPS

Has someone properly received a Powerware 5110 UPS functioning within the home server OEM. I have performed the installation of new drivers and Lansafe software, and I am receiving the communication errors. It is going feasible for about five minutes, then the Lansoft software reports that its lost the communication with the UPS. The drivers compatible with the windows 2003 server, so I considered that they would be feasible with the home server.

I have installed the same drivers and programs onto my desktop computer system that is running with the Windows Vista, and plugged the UPS with the same and its functioning properly without any issues here .Somebody have any suggestion regarding the same

Re: Powerware 5110 UPS

I was running with the same problem and as well as the same workaround on my friend lab . I have tried to go with the powered USB hub, but still running with the similar issues after doing all possible operation to solve this . Finally, I loaded home server onto a spare disk on the same system and installed the UPS software and it moved fine in the way . There is only thing that I could consider of that should be occurring the issue with the USB port was vmware server, that I have running on the current system, so I had a go for the setup of the virtual machines and investigate that one had USB device setup, I have just removed this and now assumes as resolved the issue.

Is someone else working with the Lansafe software which is provided with the Powerware UPS on Windows home server . The lstrayagent.exe process assumes as running with the issues regarding the memory leak, its starts out with the occupied size of 10MB, and slowly moving up and going over 100MB over a couple of days. This is really seems very weired and please help me out from this problem.. Someone else getting same issue ?

I purchased the 5110 Powerware UPS - and yeah , going on with the same issues with the software provided - Lansafe - on Windows Home Server. One of the tech support from the Australia suggested me two sections of suggestion follows :

1) It is not compatible to be operated upon the WHS .
    2) Powerware (Eaton) are replacing to a Java based applet for their low end UPS program for placing the LANSafe, and so there is not expected for such type of updates in the case of this software ..

I used to get the discussed software functioning properly last night. When I finsihed the installation of software, it does not get the UPS even though it is entitled within the Device Manager section . The software then does not get the UPS and, it's defualt behavior that it will not turn off the WHS box. On my system , the UPS capability within the Power Management only detects COM1 as a communication channel with the UPS.There are some options specified :

1. Try installing the software as an Windows XP installation rather than 2003.

2. Complain to the retailer and find out if I reeive to a more helpful techie from the tech team.

3. See, if the WHS box is capable to go for the shutdown if I configure up an Windows XP system as the LanSafe controller. I have already checked the same as software moves feasible on this system.

4. Purchase a convertor for USB to serial and then go for using the Power Management UPS software.

Just be sure that you have received the Jungo WinDrive (USB PowerManagement Controller inteface) driver installed at the initial stage - before the LanSafe software. I have used to go with the Win2003 install and it setup fine , but as per older posts, I have just figured out that this application is the little unstable. It moves to work though and has cleanly turn off my server so many times after power outages over the past four months. When moved into the log, I also get to find the number of minor power events moving on - surges and millisecond droops within the voltage..