Thread: Automatic screenshot to file using Snipping Tool?

Automatic screenshot to file using Snipping Tool?

I want to ask you guys that can i use Snipping Tool to automatically save a screenshot to file on regular intervals? Are there some commands which i can use for taking the screenshot and save it to a file? I am using Windows 7 operating system and i want to send those screenshot as a email.

Re: Automatic screenshot to file using Snipping Tool?

Actually it is possible to start the snipping tool from a command line but i guess there is no commands which can operate it or save them. But i think you can use some ready made tools which can let you do this. But according to me it wont be possible to have such functionality in Windows operating itself. So i suggest you to search for such tools which can automatically capture screen shots.

I think the single button on your keyboard can do this thing. Actually whenever you want to capture a screen shot then you just need to press PrintScreen key which saves the screen shot to clipboard but an only problem with this function is that you wont be able to save many screen shots as it has some limits. But still you can make it working at this time.

If you are want to take screen shots of webpages then i suggest you to FireShot is a Firefox extension that creates screenshots of web pages (entirely or just visible part). Unlike other extensions, this plugin provides a set of editing and annotation tools, which let users quickly modify web captures and insert text annotations and graphical annotations. Such functionality will be especially useful for web designers, testers and content reviewers.

Dr. V Guest

Auto Screenshot Maker is a screen capture software for Windows users, which can save any part of your desktop directly into screenshot file. In just a single click or hotkey press, you can make a perfect screenshot for a website, user manual, or a presentation. The tool captures full screen, active window, selected region - anything! The software lets you capture the action on the screen in a series of snap shots made over a predefined period of time (e.g. 10 seconds).