Thread: Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 activation with full product key possible

Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 activation with full product key possible

I work with a demo 120 days of Windows home server with three PCs to XP Pro. I have two questions:
    - It seems impossible to find the DVD windows home server as well in France and abroad? Windows has he decided to stop the OEM version of windows home server ? He remains on but I had so much problems with them, I hesitate ...
    - Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 activation with full product key is possible ?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Re: Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 activation with full product key possible

If you have this DVD I do not see why you would want another. Actually you would need a license in good standing. There I advise you not to buy a home server today . For the latest news there will be a new version next year, based on Windows Server 2008 R2 (ie same basis as Win7 )So beautiful new perspectives, while WHS more masses. However on the compatibility with Win7 : it is already actually , mainly thanks to the power Pack 3 ( currently in Beta, finalized in the coming weeks ). I currently Win7 RC is working very well with a WHS beta PP3.

According to plans announced by Microsoft, the PowerPack for an operating system Windows Home Server is now offered for download in its english version. Recall that this set of updates , about 22 MB , offers support for client workstations running Windows Vista 64-bit edition but also the backup shared folders on the server. It also improves remote access , and allows better management of energy . Finally, Microsoft says it has carried out the correction of the famous data corruption bug that affected up Windows Home Server , as well as that of many other minor problems .

Once installation is complete , it is a login screen feature version of NT that arises . After redefining the administrator password , we are connected . As you can see from the screenshots , we're in familiar territory , not on the desktop that we find something new. According to the ideas of Microsoft, the " Start Menu "is reduced to an absolute minimum, we must not forget that this system acts as a server and it is therefore unnecessary to overload applications of all kinds.

The problem with WHS is that activation is only valid for 180 days to discourage people from coming out with their PC, connect to the WHS server and leave quietly at home with the PC turned on .Knowing that WHS does not come out until next year , the crackers have decided to dispense with it and created their own WHS server independent of Microsoft server and auto - activated . They called it the Windows Vista Local Activation Server.

Microsoft is making available the final of Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 on the Download Center . As a reminder , Windows Home Server is an operating system a bit unusual since it has the burden of integrate into a home network to monitor in the data set . His first feature is to be a storage serverBy offering features to sort, organize , share and protect data . In terms of multimedia, he can concentrate all the files on a single access point to see his movies , music and photos , even from a Media Center.