Thread: Windows 7 Sidebar doesn't run at start up ?

Windows 7 Sidebar doesn't run at start up ?

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and it was running without any problem before this but from last 1 week it has started showing the problems with the Sidebar, actually it does not runs at start up and i have to add this gadget every time when i log on my system. And when i am trying to change the style of clock gadget it doesn't change at all.

Re: Windows 7 Sidebar doesn't run at start up ?

I think the gadget which you have installed on your Windows 7 system might have got corrupted due to which it might not be getting started. This kind of problem may come when an executable file of your gadget have got corrupted due to some virus on your system. I suggest you to scan your system by using anti virus software and then remove all the detected viruses.

I have given steps to enable Sidebar & Desktop Gadget with Disable/Turned Off UAC in windows 7.
    1. Go to the Start menu and then type regedit in the RUN Search bar.
    2. Navigate to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sidebar\Settings"
    3. Create a new DWORD(32 Bit Value) by right clicking on the right side of the registry editor. And name it “AllowElevatedProcess” and set value as “1”.
    4. Now exit from an editor and then right click on the Desktop and then add gadgets.

Though i do not have any idea about what could be the problem with your windows 7 sidebar gadgets but i guess you can solve this problem by reinstalling all the gadgets on your machine. I suggest you to first uninstall those gadgets and then reinstall them and check that they work or not at the startup time.

sidebar.exe is a process which is needed to execute at the start up in order to have desktop gadgets on the sidebar of windows 7 operating system. I think you should check that this process is responding properly or not which you can do from the Task Manager. If there is no such process then you should create it. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open the Task Manager.

It might also happen that the sidebar.exe process has been blocked on your system by some security software due to which it wont be able to run at the time of booting the system and unless you enable it manually. I think you have to check the settings of Windows Firewall and any other Security software which you are using on your Windows 7 machine.

Problem seems to be with the executable file of sidebar in your windows system. You need to check about the same and then scan your system as there could be some virus which might be affecting the sidebar.exe of your system.