Thread: Cannot copy %filename%, network name no longer available

Cannot copy %filename%, network name no longer available

I have Windows Home Server setup and I have recently changed my workgroup from WORKGROUP to HOME. I don't think this might be causing any problem to me. The problem I am having is that whenever I try to copy a file, no matter what the size of the file is, I get "Cannot copy %filename%, network name no longer available" message. If you know anything about this problem then do help me please?

Re: Cannot copy %filename%, network name no longer available

I would recommend to repair the IP stack and particularly for the Winsock. Open command prompt by going to Start, Run and type "cmd" and then press ENTER. Now type "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" and then press Enter. Reboot your computer. Also check the NetBIOS node type problem.

If you have SATA hard drive then look into the SATA controller driver. You will find a program named as "Cache Config.exe". Run this program and you will notice that you are allowed to set the cache for every drive on your computer. Configure it to OFF or ON with Write-Back and save it. This will vanish all of your problems.

I think there is some packet sniffers out there in your network. It is better to have some network monitoring tool which will provide you the complete detail of where the problem lies. There must be some computer in your network which is utilizing your network. This can be reason for the file left unsaved. It usually happens when the network is completely occupied and so your system is unable to send the document to network server for saving.

There are several reasons for this error to occur. It may occur if there is any setting problem in your network card or switch. Revise it if the settings are proper. It may also happen due to older network card driver or probably a bad connection. It may even occur it the server is unable to allocate a session to the client computer because may be it is too busy.