Thread: Changing OEM SLP Key

Changing OEM SLP Key

I have a Lenovo System and it came with Windows 7 per-installed. The product key for this not same which I found on the stick attached to the bottom. Now this is the OEM version of Windows 7 then why does the key does not match. Does someone has changed the OEM SLP key. If yes then how can contact the company to fix this. But my system shows that the system is genuine.

Re: Changing OEM SLP Key

There are two differences between an OEM and license Box. The OEM license is tied to a PC and cannot be transferred to another machine to the death of the PC. Support Windows license BOX is provided by Microsoft, in case of an emergency hotline Microsoft responds. Support Windows OEM license is transferred to the PC assembler. So in theory if you buy a Windows OEM shop in your neighborhood and you want the hotline on Windows is the shop that has the responsibility for the Service of Windows instead of MS.

If that happens then that has broke the OEM End User Licensing Agreement. It is the OEM software and that will run only on the computer which you had purchased. Basically when the software came pack with the company it consist the same software whose sticker is posted on it. It is only licensed to run on the Dell system. You must contact the vendor for the same.

Of course not, the price of this operating system is added to that of the PC which would be delivered without it. That is called as the box version of the same. Like Windows XP and Windows Vista, there will certainly Windows 7 OEM version cheaper than the box but limited to the installation and validation on a single PC. When changing from one PC should buy one because this operating system it is attached, you can not reinstall on another PC.

I purchased OEM and no difference with the version boxes. I have xp pro, vista ultimate and seven beta on the same machine. I keep Windows XP because some thing does not function under vista. I ride most often on vista because I play some games in directx 10. I test Windows 7 and I will buy it because as you say OEM release a operating system every 3 years.

The OEM comes at reasonable prices. The only thing is that I have no technical support. That I do not mind I may have no need. I do not like Windows 7 in the fact that I can not add task bar as the other windows. In my system the key which is on the stick same is on the computer and there is no change in that. Try to contact the place from where you had bought it.

I do not see how Genuine Windows is authenticate via the license. The keys provided are similar with 25 characters. There are many millions or even billions of keys were generated. How many different keys can we generated. Enabling Windows does not check does not have the key with the gear to give you the green light. This key allows only one to continue the installation. The activation is done after. Check that your Windows is activated or not.