Thread: Microsoft's documentation of Windows 7 restriction for access/permissions

Microsoft's documentation of Windows 7 restriction for access/permissions

I have the idea that windows 7 restricts the permission on C: intensively, and the user is not allowed to save the file directly to C:. But the problem is that I am not able to find Microsoft’s documentation for windows 7 restriction or for the access permissions for that on C: driver. Let me make one thing clear that I don’t want to find the way for saving to C:\ on the contrary I am interested in documentation.

Re: Microsoft's documentation of Windows 7 restriction for access/permissions

As far as I know, no, administrator will be able to write on C:\. The thing you should know is that through the use of UAC, you will not have the administrator permission. In that case the only thing you will have is the standard user rights, and the other things are similar to the things in windows NT. The only difference is that no power user group is used.

Well the thing is that, there no specific windows 7 restrictions and it will work in the similar way the Windows NT is working. But there are only two differences and that are, power group is no longer user in windows 7 and the other thing is that with UAC you will have access to standard user rights. Hence if you want to give any user permission for writing in a folder then you have to give user group writing.

Sorry to say but I do not agree with above reply that is windows 7 is working in the same way that windows 7 is working at time of giving or setting permissions on C:. If you have any doubt related to the permission issue of windows 7 then the best source is the Microsoft documentation for windows 7, and the restriction for access/permission on C: driver.

I have a pc which I wanted to add a session and restrict access to files / partitions under windows 7 home with five scores including exclusive windows 7. So I followed a tutorial that told me to go into safe mode and use the security tab I managed to restrict the desired partition by creating a new access policy on the appropriate account with the safe mode open on my personal account administrator configured. I was touched up for another account policy to restrict certain files in a partition problem and I have three small partitions impossible to explore the desired session, my staff meeting and the administrator session is only visible in safe mode, so the thing I need to know whether it is reversible or not.

Dr. V Guest

Indeed this is very ambiguous, but I am not afraid to say operations that you have made are fully reversible, first you must try a System Restore to a date before the policy change of account that you had done in safe mode. In theory, System Restore does not affect personal files, but only system files, installed programs / uninstalling, changes in the parameters of any computer (since the Control Panel , and I even partition of the registry unless certain once).

Thank you for the response that you have provided. I just finished the restoration system this has removed the session I created (I want to restrict account) without deleting my account set to administrator per account I still cannot access my scores was restricted access is still denied. I am thinking of another solution that is to format the system but I need your suggestion before taking this step.