Thread: Windows 7 and Mac 10.5 network file sharing

Windows 7 and Mac 10.5 network file sharing

I just got a macbook pro and I want to share files between my Mac and my old pc (windows 7) but when I made the manip is marked "the username or password entered are incorrect. Please try again. Or I can find the username and password? I want to know that how to Windows 7 and Mac 10.5 network file sharing. Please help.

Re: Windows 7 and Mac 10.5 network file sharing

Select the folder you want to share (it is recommended to the root of your hard disk partition ..), right click, properties,Tab, sharing, click "Share", then add either" Everyone "or" Group Residential Computer "(depending on your needs);
    The second method is used to protect a little more sharing, in my example, I limit the number of user 1. Click on "Advanced Sharing ...", and set the folder access.

If you've ever tried or quibble with the network of mac os, you've probably noticed that mac os is sometimes difficult to find the network windows. Therefore I shall not pass through the interface "network" but I'll direct access to my Windows network via the Finder and "Connect to Server". In the new window you just type smb: / / ip address of your Windows Seven. The IP address of your XP is here, Click "Connect", you're almost there, to do some tests, verify that the account prompt does not give access to your files. Other small check, try logging in without entering your password. It's OK, enter the password of your Windows session and log. A new window opens and you see your files being shared on windows, select them and press OK. Your records have logged into your Mac. Quick test to check if you have the right to write (or privilege), create a new folder.

The simple file sharing is the sharing mode enabled by default (and the only mode available in Windows 7 that is to say Windows 7). It lets you share globally for the whole group work, the files in a directory without any restrictions and password. Its implementation is trivial. However, it is necessary under Windows7 to enable simple file sharing by opening My Computer, then Tools / Folder Options ... / Display. At the bottom of the list box, make sure the option Use simple file sharing (recommended) is checked.

When the name of a shared resource ends with "$" character, then it is hidden, that is to say, it does not appear in the list of resources. By default Microsoft Windows systems have hidden administrative shares to allow the administrator of a machine to access the resources of the machine through the network. The default administrative shares, accessible only to the director, are:

* C $ : Access to the root partition or volume. The other partitions are also accessible by their letter, followed by the character "$";
    * ADMIN $ : Access to the% systemroot%, allowing the management of a machine on the network.
    * $ CPI : Allowing communication between the network processes.
    * PRINT $ : Remote access to printers.

If access to shared resources does not work, the cause may be one of the following:
    • The network connection between machines is incorrect. Please diagnose the network ;
    • The users do not belong to the same domain.
    • The computers on the LAN must have the same subnet mask. It is possible to simply check with the command ipconfig.
    • A firewall (or virus) on the computer sharing the resource, the computer accessing the network resource or denies access. Please check the firewall settings, possibly temporarily disable the firewall to diagnose whether the problem is.