Thread: How to use bluetooth device services in Windows 7

How to use bluetooth device services in Windows 7

I want to connect my Nokia phone to my system for using the internet. My system is configured on wireless network and by connecting the same to I can use to transfer music and images and along with that I can use the internet also. How can I send a file in that. I am new to this and this is the first connection which I am trying to make. I need help for the same in configuring the blue tooth device.

Re: How to use bluetooth device services in Windows 7

Bluetooth File Transfer Windows 7 has some minor differences compared to XP and Vista, here's how to send and receive files. To begin, turn on your Bluetooth device and then add from the computer. Since the notification area, right-click the Bluetooth icon and then Add Device. Then Select a device to add to this computer opens, click once on the device found by the computer and then Next. Enter the pairing code and done.

When you are connect the phone to the system the note down one thing that you have only 30 seconds to enter the code if the window failed to add this device to this computer will appear and you will have to start over. That done, and the device has been added to this computer. If still you find any issue then try to update the driver of the Bluetooth device you are using in your system.

To send and receive files quickly, you can create a shortcut to the desktop. For that click on Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Bluetooth File Transfer. Or other easy way is to use the through run box. Click on start and in the box below type % systemroot% \ system32 \ fsquirt.exe. Hit enter and configure the bluetooth device from here. Restart your system after that.

In my case my computer detects the phone and made a good connection between the two. I have been sending the code of connection pc to phone with the code to register. My problem lies in the notification area of Bluetooth. I cannot see the two lines which is Send File and Receive File. I had already before used this type of transfer with the same phone but via another computer. At that time it worked.

Already make sure that your phone does not await a response from you for transferring the files once paired properly. Then, watch the status of your Bluetooth from the phone side. In some phone the same is disabled quickly to save the battery. It can also be possible due to firewall which is of blocking the connection. Try to disable that at first and then check back. Add the tool under exception.

You can use some other tools in Windows 7 for that. Like Medieval Bluetooth Network Scanner. This program can analyze and scan your Bluetooth network. It gives you detailed information about local devices found and you can easily browse through the services supported by each of them. WiFi SiStr is also one of the same tool and this utility keeps the WiFi signal on your computer connected always visible to quickly assess the scope.