Thread: Windows VPN: Error 720 - A connection to the remote computer could not be established

Windows VPN: Error 720 - A connection to the remote computer could not be established

So, I subscribed to a VPN (anonine), and impossible to connect to it. I do not know much. I have disabled ipv6, I tried disabling the firewall (eset smart security) and my router is configured to forward port 1723 ( internal router freebox ). In the settings of my connections ( vpn and local) , I have NetBIOS over TCP / IP enabled in the properties Wins. I am getting error 720 when trying to connect to vpn. I think there is a link but am not sure : service "routing and remote access " will not start (without any message during the attempt). All services are started by dependencies cons. Please help me.

Re: Windows VPN: Error 720 - A connection to the remote computer could not be established

To resolve this problem , follow these steps :
    Determine the protocols executed by the RAS server and make sure that the RAS service is installed and configured properly (or ask your network administrator to do it for you) .

Once you have determined the protocols executed by the RAS server , make sure your Windows XP computer running one of these protocols :

Click Start, Then PanelThen double -click Network Connections.

Under Virtual Private Network ( VPN)Click the right mouse button on the VPN connection , then click Properties.

In the dialog box Properties of the VPNClick on the tab Networking and make sure you have a protocol executed by the server.

If this is not the case , add the necessary protocol :
    • Click InstallOn Protocol, Then Add.
    • Click the protocol to install, then click OK.
    • Click Close to close the dialog box Properties of the VPN.

Re: Windows VPN: Error 720 - A connection to the remote computer could not be established

In order to fix this issue you have to change the MTU size for your network card. Do that by following the guide below:

1. Open System Preferences.
    2. Click the Network icon.
    3. Double click ”Ethernet (built in)” or choose ”Ethernet” from the Show drop-down menu.
    4. Click the ”Ethernet tab”.
    5. Under "Maximum Packet Size (MTU) choose Custom and enter 1400 in the box.
    6. Click "Apply now".

Follow the guide below:

1. Open the ZoneAlarm Security Suite panel and choose Firewall -> Zones.
    2. Click Add -> Host/Site (at the bottom right)
    3. Use the following settings:
    Zone: Trusted
    Host name: vpn.ipredator.com
    Description: Free to choose, i.e. ipredator VPN
    Then click Lookup and after that OK
    4. When back at Firewall -> Zones; click Apply.
    5. Go to Firewall -> Main and click Advanced and there check Allow uncommon protocols at high security (the box Allow VPN protocols should already be checked).
    6. You connection to ipredator VPN service should now work.

You may also try the following:
    • You have to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
    • Choose Add/Remove Windows Components
    • You have to make it uncheck "Networking services" and "Other network file and print services"
    • Through any of the Network Dial-up connections, decide Properties > Networking > Uninstall Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
    • Restart when prompted
    • You have to back to the Control Panel > Network Dial-up connection > Properties > Networking > Install Internet Protocol
    • You have to check the boxes in Add/Remove Programs > Windows Components
    • Try to connect.