Thread: Windows 7 Pro Home folder mapping on Logon not working

Windows 7 Pro Home folder mapping on Logon not working

Windows 2003 server is configured for running in network and the client computer systems are having windows XP and windows 7. The problem is that if we are trying to log on in Windows XP with user name that is provided it is working fine but if we use the same user name for accessing in windows 7 it is not login and if it is login then the home folder that is required cannot be accessed. Any help or advice for solving this problem will be appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 Pro Home folder mapping on Logon not working

I think that it is a network issue for the windows 7 that you are using. In simple words the network is not establishing at the time of running script during login. The only thing I can suggest you is to upgrade the adapter driver. I am sure that after upgrading your driver you will not face any problem in accessing network through windows 7 operating system. If you have any other problem then let me know.

I totally agree with the above reply but if upgrading the drivers does not solve your problem then you have change the following policy for solving the issue. Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative templates\System\Logon\Always. After that you have to stay for the network at computer startup and then logon. In short you just need to enable this policy so that windows 7 can access the network.

I was also facing the same problem and discovered that my logon script, that was using a
    Net use /delete * /yes
    For clearing the mapping before giving them a new one, basically this was not giving problem at the time of using windows XP. But if you are using windows 7 then it will not allow the user for accessing home folder. So for solving the problem you just need to delete this line.

I changed a few days ago my Windows password that allowed me to open my session (admin). Obviously, I was sick and obviously I cannot remember uppercase, lowercase, I tried everything. I turn on my pc, and there I am asked a password that I do not know! I tried typing ESC quickly to find the safe mode with difficulties, I find (it does not appear immediately in fact, you have to click on something else before). Except that well in safe mode but I fall on the page where I enter my password! I have a little fun and honestly, I would like to avoid restoring my Windows. Because I guess I lose the images, temporary files, Adobe and other iTunes I have installed. In addition, HP asked me for a DVD-R and when I put a RW, inevitably, I spit it so I cannot save and format.

Would require using a different computer you serious-cd image software OPH crack, then boot from the boot. Once the live CD booted, a list of accounts of the machine is displayed, then simply select one and start the search. If the password is simple (alphanumeric) it should be discovered in minutes. If it contains special characters, and its length is large enough, then it may be that the tool does not find anything. Also, I do not know if the software was being updated for windows 7, I promise nothing. If it does not work, I think you're good for a back-up.

Well, in my misfortune, I turn the PC desktop with so I should be able to burn to a CD-R ISO image. But exactly how it happens? I burn the image ok, but then? I insert the burned CD into the laptop and there, before the password page, the cd starts alone? And yes the MDP is very simple because it would be temporary. It is not a mixture of uppercase, minuscule, focus etc.