Thread: Problem in Network Configuration Operators group in Windows 7

Problem in Network Configuration Operators group in Windows 7

Under Windows XP and Windows Vista could Standard User, the sin in the group "Network Configuration Operators", to make network-specific changes (IP Address, Gateway, etc). My users need to run scripts that perform the changes. For Windows 7, when I put the group in the user and will change as the user's properties from the network adapter, I am still authenticate as an admin. And still Run or elevate it works not so real. Even if I disable the appropriate group policy (which should then allow each user to this change), it does not work out well. Have I overlooked something as yet? Please help me out in resolving the problem.

Re: Problem in Network Configuration Operators group in Windows 7

If it is domain or workgroup computers? Are the users in the group of local administrators? Possibly the problem in the direction of the group home has Implemented new Windows. You can change the group policies only on the Professional version Global, I assume that you use this? Also while posting I think that you should specify it in more details.

It is a single use machine at the moments (try with Win7 is still around) has not logged into the domain. There is a special user account for an external purposes for the IP settings must be changed. The other notebooks where Windows XP or Vista on it is, it works just the users in the corresponding local group to add. To set the user accounts in the group of local administrators would be counterproductive which should already be restricted.

I would take the chest first into the domain so that the domain policies are effective on the first machine and then you can work with global groups. Otherwise it's all as logic less. And / dev / null / may well lie with its adopted correctly. Check the first off.

well, success is assured even if the box used as a standalone machine. it also which there are the never hang on to the domain but are still only in the vans for the sales force. This has so far worked without any problems. With vista, xp and before. And yes it is Windows Pro 7. The home with the group I must use it .... the time is something I do not understand anyway what is lost in a DAS Professional system ..

Ok, but how are you going to add a domain user in the group of local network configuration operators, if the computer has never had contact with the domain? One can also use as no roaming profiles, and domain policies are also not yet taken effect. When comparing the computers is it that way. That is simply not comparable. If one had to read in a technical reference of Win7 (if it already exists), what MS sees in Win7 on network functions. After all the settings are changed by a piece of hardware. I'm not sure if that falls under network functions. The change will also run from a script. You could then leave as interim workaround until the final solution, the script in the context of the respective Local Admins run without the user's password for this purpose shall be reported.

My practical experience with approximately 15,000 managed computers from me was ultimately that field staff have always request a Local Admin, but because there are huge differences in environment. This ranges from a hotel in China with a modem dialing without dial tone on the trunk line to the third-LAN in a development environment in the U.S. and the VPN dial-up to the gateway in Germany or a wireless hot spot on an International Airport. One can hardly ask then, that the user views his notebook quickly with DHL for the reconfiguration and sends it home for the next couple of days playing around with his phone. Of course, was the support for these machines to a fee and not covered by lump sums. But of something you have to live yes But if your computer does not go far away and anyway every couple of days back in the house are, would suffice the required authorization from you.