Thread: Windows 7: no AVI thumbnails

Windows 7: no AVI thumbnails

Recently the thumbnails of images that appeared avi files in Explorer by setting the display to "show large icons" are no longer visible. Only one file appears. This problem has strange place with the avi, wmv with no problem, jpg, bmp etc. Do you know the possible cause and solution for this problem? Currently I am using windows 7 operating system on my computer system.

Re: Windows 7: no AVI thumbnails

In exploring the windows 7, the thumbnail for AVI files, appears in display as "thumbnails" - In display "icons" icon appears that the drive associated with AVI files. The install the latest version of K-lite codec can also display thumbnails of other video formats to display "thumbnails". I hope this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

In Windows 7, the option does not display as thumbnails in Explorer. It is an option box in "Folder Options". This is checked in my settings, but it seems that the format XviD problematic in view of these thumbnails. As the option is checked, these miniatures are normally displayed automatically when you choose "show small, medium or large icons. I also installed k-lite codec, this has not solved the problem either. Although it seems that there is an option to select during installation to force miniatures xvid.

Windows 7 no longer shows thumbnails of videos, instead of the preview, I have the logo of windows media player. I can play the videos but I do not have thumbnails. In contrast, Windows displays only thumbnails of images. If you have any related solution for the problem then please let me know, I will be waiting for your reply.

I still have no solutions. I also have NERO essentials. These are the thumbnails do not display pictures from a CD or DVD. There is little time it worked very well and for about one month it stopped working and I have added any particular program. Is this due to an update to windows 7. I am not sure that this will help you but you can try this for solving your problem.

I still have no solutions. I also have NERO essentials. These are the thumbnails do not display pictures from a CD or DVD. There is little time it worked very well and for about one month it stopped working and I have added any particular program. Is this due to an update to windows 7. I am not sure that this will help you but you can try this for solving your problem.