Thread: Windows 7 thumbnail view doesn't work for video

Windows 7 thumbnail view doesn't work for video

Whenever I am trying to search option and view it is displaying icons but the problem is that it is not displaying the thumbnails. Few of the thumbnails are WMV and don’t tell me that windows media player is not having the codec for opening this format. I want to know that I am the only one who is facing the problem or other are facing the same. Is there any solution for this problem?

Re: Windows 7 thumbnail view doesn't work for video

The conduct that you have described is not normal in anyway. I am also having the same thing but the video file that I am having are displaying the thumbnails. I think you must select the correct folder option. There are chances that there is something wrong with the file association or any default program setting. If you can provide any additional information related to it then it will be easier to solve the problem that you are facing.

There are many fake WMV present there that are using fake codecs, hence there is no correlation. This will be wrong to say that windows media player is not having the supported codec if you are using any fake codec. Can you provide the information related the WMV that you are using? It is really hard to explain the specific cause of the problem.

I thing that it is possible that you are not having technical details of the limited support staff there, I am not having the idea that forward the path they have for the questions that you need. The system is having the better design for handling fake third party tool. I think you need to track down those third party application that is causing the problem.

Like me, some have found that the reader SPlayer makes a mess in the registry after associated with video files. The result is that the thumbnails of video files (avi/mp4 ...) are no longer generated in windows explorer. The following is reserved to Windows 7. Nevertheless, I created the application so that it can be launched on Vista and XP. You need Windows Media Player 11 to a minimum (installed) to try resetting the default associations. The application will detect it anyway. The wizard then gives you the opportunity to just keep the stickers and so their initial third-associations or associations to reset the default to Windows Media Player.

I created the file but the keys used are the same in xp, you can try with the second because I saw no problems "approach in some forums that it works. For the former is more difficult because in Windows 7 wmp is version 12, but the keys containing "wmp11" so it should go, but you need at least windows media player 11 installed. it has great potential to work but then I will theoretical guarantee anything, think back to your register in any case you can always change via associations videos of your favorite reader parameters.

What can you hear by "disabled"? Your response before I had not specified that WMP should be installed ("own") my application does detection method. It checks the corresponding registry key (A). If the latter there is the presence of the executable (B) is verified wmplayer.exe. (B) Depends on (A), if A then returns the value "0" (Registry key not present), B is logically skipped. "Reactive" (reinstall) just WMP. From what I have read it seems that VLC also disables thumbnails.