Thread: How do I uninstall Windows 7 Enterprise 90 day trial and restore Windows XP Pro

How do I uninstall Windows 7 Enterprise 90 day trial and restore Windows XP Pro

I am using Windows XP Pro. My friend has a similar system and he had already installed Windows 7 Enterprise 90 day trial edition. Now I too want to add this and want to know that after the expiration of trial how can I get back to Windows XP Pro back. That means my old operating system will be deleted or not. What are the feature and support of this 90 day trial and what it offers.

Re: How do I uninstall Windows 7 Enterprise 90 day trial and restore Windows XP Pro

The trail version of Windows 7 for business has finally been released and it would have almost the same features as the full version will give you. If your friend has performed a clean installation then you might not get a chance to restore your system back. It means that you have formatted your drive and there is nothing left in that. You might need to install the same from Windows disc.

Re: How do I uninstall Windows 7 Enterprise 90 day trial and restore Windows XP Pro

I don't think this is possible. Because when you install Windows 7 then Windows XP is deleted and there is no way to take it back. The 90 day trail version is provided for the users to get a feel of Windows 7. The Enterprise Edition is the equivalent to Windows 7 Ultimate. So that makes it much more functional for enterprise. You might need to perform clean installation.

Mostly while upgrading people use to do clean installation. While there are possibilities that your operating system lies in Windows.old folder. From here it is possible to restore the same back. Check in your System Restore settings that you have a old data of Windows XP. In most of the case the same is not possible. There are very less chances of downgrading.

I have a similar issue. I had downloaded a trial version of Windows 7 from the Microsoft website and I wanted to be sure everything work well so I installed it on VirtualBox. It was nice and beautiful. Now I had not finally installed the same on my hard drive. Before that I had managed to create a Ghost CD of my operating system. So that in future I can get back to my operating system easily.

Windows 7 Enterprise is for large accounts, while Windows 7 Professional is aimed at small and medium enterprises. Both editions come with backup technologies via the network, data encryption, offering connection to a domain, remote monitoring, XP mode, etc. It has lots of new feature support. It is recommended either you must have the installation disc of your old system or a image file to get the same back.

The trial edition of Windows 7 offers you virtualization support on the system of Windows XP. An activation key will be provided once the operating system installed. A maximum period of 10 days is given to companies to enable the system. The operating system was able to lengthen the time 1 hour 30 consumption of battery of a laptop. There are some very nice improvements in the system.