Thread: I have product key but no disk

I have product key but no disk

I have been using windows XP since last few months and i have also purchased the Microsoft office 2007 application which i was using on my desktop. Now my disk is not working and i am planning to buy a new disk will i be able to install the windows XP on this new device and activate it using my older key comments. Please help me ......

Re: I have product key but no disk

I think it is possible to get it installed on the newer hard disk and then try to input or validate the windows XP. If you are not able to get this problem solved still then i would advice you to validate your windows XP over the telephone. Contact Microsoft and explain the situation to them i think that this will help you to get this problem solved.

Try to borrow the install disc from one of your friend and try to install windows XP using this CD after the installation you can try to input your Product key on your system to get it working if it does not work still i would suggest you to validate your windows copy over the phone. This should definitely help you to fix this issue.

If your OEM (Original Equipment manufacturer) is no longer in business, you can contact please call our Contact Centre for more information about alternatives for acquiring genuine software. If you have OEM software, the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) has the PC Manufacturer's name listed under the software version name.

dixi Guest

Operating Systems

There are many kind of operating system. Windows xp is the latest version.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 10-08-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.