Thread: Can't rid "This Program is Turned Off (Windows 7 Defender)" Msg at startup

Can't rid "This Program is Turned Off (Windows 7 Defender)" Msg at startup

Whenever i start my Windows 7 computer system, I am getting a message that Windows Defender is turned OFF. Then click for enabling it but still it cannot turned ON. I am running Microsoft Essential without any problem. What should i do now to get rid of this message as it is even not getting turned ON and it keeps on giving the message about turned OFF Defender.

Re: Can't rid "This Program is Turned Off (Windows 7 Defender)" Msg at startup

I think you should not click on the link which helps you to enable the Windows Defender as you should try enabling it manually. Open Control Panel and then open Administrative tools. Now switch to the Services Tab and then locate Windows Defender. You have to select for an Automatic as Startup Type. Now switch to the Log ON tab, click "Local System account" and make a check on the provided Checkbox. Switch to the Recovery Tab and make sure that the Windows Defender at least try twice to start and then go to the General Tab and click on Start.

I have seen this same issue on my Windows Vista system on which Defender used to switched off automatically. Actually this problem was persisting because of an AVG which i was having on my vista system. There was a conflict between the security feature of the Windows and the one which i have installed on my system.

I have seen several people on different forums that they were facing the same problem on their windows operating system. I think you have to uninstall the anti virus software which you have installed on your system so that you can keep your Windows Defender enabled all the time. This kind of problem has been seen as a windows conflict with the AVG & NIS.

Dr. V Guest

I have given you the link from where you can download an Avast Anti Virus which does not have any such conflicts with the security features of the Windows operating system. So you can download this anti virus software which so that you can make your windows system secured enough so that it does not gets infected. Click on an AVAST to download it.

You can also check about the same problem from the Task Manager of your windows system but make sure that there are no programs are currently running on your system. Actually you have to check that which process is running in the Task Manager which might be showing the pop up on your screen. Then you may delete that process manually by ending the process.