Thread: Windows 7 Media Center: Won't add folders for Video Library

Windows 7 Media Center: Won't add folders for Video Library

I have installed the Windows 7 in my system and have set most of the folder in the media center but now when checked the Media Center library there is nothing. I have added the folder again into the Media Center and again when checked the library it is blank this time also. So if any one is having the knowledge regarding same then please help me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7 Media Center: Won't add folders for Video Library

I am having exactly same issue after the installation of the Windows 7 into my system and i searched for this and come up with one solution for same which helped me for the problem of mine. If you like then go through the same.

1. Click on Start
    2. Click on Run
    3. Type msconfig.exe
    4. Go to General Tab
    5. Click on Selective Start up
    6. Click on Clear load start up
    7. Now Go to Service Tab
    8. Select "Hide all Microsoft services"
    9. Click on Apply
    10. Click on OK
    11. Restart computer.

It is also possible that your system might got the User Profile corrupted and when you are using the same you can not get the problem of yours resolved with the help of yours. Just switch the User account or create a new user account which might resolve the issue with the same. So go through the same and let me know if it works for you.

Your user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to. It contains your settings for desktop backgrounds, screen savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you log on to Windows. If you tried to log on to Windows and received an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted, you can try to repair it. You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one.

Source: Microsoft

I have gone through all the above replies and let me tell you that it is better to contact the Microsoft regarding the " Windows 7 Media Center: Won't add folders for Video Library" issue if nothing from above replies are working for you. So if you can then contact the Microsoft and work with the same. Thanks.