Thread: Windows 7 Professional - Classic logon prompt

Windows 7 Professional - Classic logon prompt

I am using Windows 7 Professional. When you restart your system you get login screen. I want a classic login screen of Windows 7 and how to get that. I want to restore the old login screen back and how to fix that. Does this is possible in Windows 7 or I will need to install any boot manager or somthing which can change the boot screen of Windows 7. But that can spoil my system. I also need some help to manage user accounts in my system. Can I create some specific accounts which can be suitable for kids while sitting on computer.

Re: Windows 7 Professional - Classic logon prompt

It is possible to change the login screen to classic. For that click on start and in the search box type netplwiz hit enter. You will get a windows and before that you might be prompt by UAC for admin password. Provide that. Then uncheck the option of user must enter a name and password. Then choose a account and then provide option of automatically log on.

Managing user account in Windows 7 is quiet easy and the same old procedure goes no. To create a new user account the trail of clicks on the Start button > Control Panel and then select User Add > Remove in the upper right corner of the window. Alternatively, sufficient after clicking the Start button to type the word user and click on the Start menu entry that appears User Add / Remove.

You can click on Add user in the Control panel user profile and there you can se a list of accounts that opens for the users. You can click on New Account and start with typing desired name of the user and decide whether the account is set as the default or administrator account. As an administrator, Windows allows the user to modify all software and hardware, or the registration database. Inexperienced users should therefore prefer a standard account will receive the damage caused by accidental changes to prevent the system.

While creating a account you must ensure that viruses and malicious software must not run in background. They are just activated by clicking on the malicious file. So if you had provided a limietd account right to the users then your system might stay away from some risk. You can from the control panel click on the user and manage the right of that particular user.

In Windows 7 there is a option to regulate kids behaviour on comptuer. After setting up a separate user account allows the computer only accesses to shared programs at scheduled times. The creation of protection requires only a few clicks of the mouse, the settings can be changed quickly if needed. In the User Accounts and Family you can create on add user generate a safe account.

This function is newly integrated in Windows 7 and this provides parental control on the account. Parents can define changes later on. As you create a parental control account from control panel then you can use User Accounts Overview Setting for monitoring the child behaviour on the system. This is a very nice feature especially suitable for home network. There are time limite settings available.