Thread: Accessing Local Security Policy in Windows 7 Home Premium

Accessing Local Security Policy in Windows 7 Home Premium

In windows 7 how ot access the local security policy. I had just now installed Windows 7 Home Premium. I had gone through the strategy of local security and then in security options for configuring the lan manager. I had use this long before in Windows XP and now after upgrading to Windows 7 I need support for the same. Dose the setting in Windows will be provide right to locate any other computer with similar settings.

Re: Accessing Local Security Policy in Windows 7 Home Premium

There is option for that and the same is really well managed. Here you can be a super administrator for your administrator account created during installation of Windows 7 does not give you any rights as a security measure. Click on Start, then Control Panel and then click on System and Security. Now go in Administrative Tools and then click on Local Security Policy. In the left pane Open Menu Local Policies, then click the Security Options menu. Now go in the right pane and open the policy Accounts: Administrator account status. Click Enable, then click Apply and OK

I am using Windows 7 and I need to go into Local Security Policy tool but I can not access them. So I download the files necessary fixing tools for its operation from the official site. But still nothing works here. I need to change the parameters of system but nothing works here. I am not getting solution for this and there is no other fix provided here. The last I will try is system restore.

I want my virtual memory paging files to get deleted at shutdown, but I do not think that local security settings might provide this support. Actually it should be so somewhere located in Control Panel and then in Administrative, because the module must be be mentioned in the Local Security Policy. But I am not able to find the same here. Does there is any easy fix for this.

Yes you can do that byt for that you will need to edit Windows registry. For the settings you might need to click on Start > control panel > Administrative tools. From here you can manage the local security policy. For the other support run registry editor and then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Session Manager \ Memory Management. Then look for ClearPageFileAtShutdown and set the value to 1.

Normally the Local security policy is in the Control Panel under Administrative Tools. But I am not able to find this in my system. Once I opened up everything, there I found only service components, performance, event notification, data sources (ODBC), Computer Management, Services, etc. I want to delete the swap file at shutdown of the system so that I can somewhat clearout my RAM.

The local security policy can be started by typing gpedit.msc in the Run dialog. The settings for User Account Control feature can be found here in the directory path. The path for the same is Computer Configuration and then Windows Settings. In that look for Security Settings and Local Policies. The Security Options here gives you right to change the settings of your system. About the Local Security Policy, the UAC function can be configured from here.

I too want to be SUPER ADMINISTRATOR of my own machine! But I'm gathering in my research that there are significant differences in any HOME version of Windows 7. We cannot see various tools because they are NOT present (or perhaps I need to sucessfully log in as super-secret administator to see them).

Such as gpedit.msc. I'm assuming registry edits (without GUIs included in professional versions) may be required. I'll continue my quest. In the meantime, I will look for answers directed to HOME versions. (Premium, in my case). Although, that's what this topic was supposed to hone in on?

Definitely there is a great difference in Windows 7 Home Premium and other editions. Also you cannot run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode in home premium of Windows 7. Other than this, to full-system Backup and Restore found in all editions, you can back up to a home or business network which is also not available for Windows 7 Home Premium.