Thread: Windows 7 - Admin Doesn't Have Permission

Windows 7 - Admin Doesn't Have Permission

I have a dual boot system. On side it is running on Windows 7 and on the other side I am using Ubuntu. Now I am having some issue with some folder permission on both the operating system. In Windows I am on a network where users can delete my files. I am also not able to remove some application folder directly. I want to know what can I do here to change settings and the support is needed for ubuntu.

Re: Windows 7 - Admin Doesn't Have Permission

Windows lets you assign permissions to folders so that you can make a folder or file that can only be seen by certain users, or that you can not delete, modify, among other things. The feature that makes this possible is the Security function, which by default is disabled, so we must be activated. To do this we enter the file browser, and click on the Tools menu, Folder Options. In the window that comes out, we click on the View tab, and down the drop until we see an option called Use simple file sharing, all you have to do is disable and accept.

To set permissions for a file or folder in Windows 7 you will need to permits the file or folder which you want to change. That you can you by right click on the folder and then choosing properties. In that go to security and then add user. Once added, the user or group appears in the top panel, select it. Appear in the lower panel assigned permissions for this user or group, if we just add the user / group permissions have been assigned that appear by default.

From the security you can also edit the permission of each users assigned. Normally some icons appear where you can choose to refuse permission or permit. If they are not modifiable boxes appear one tick on the permits denied or permitted, which we can not change. his is because that user permissions are inherited. After selecting all allow and deny permissions, click OK in all open windows during the process.

Right clicking and then entering the security is the most basic way of assigning permission. If you want to know in detail about the assigned permissions for the user or group on the object then there you might need to go to Advanced Options. There just choose a user or group and and then click on Edit. Again select the user or group and click on Edit again. this window you can see in detail assigned permissions for the user on this subject, among them there is a list of special permits that may be assigned.

Ubuntu is somewhat have similar permission like windows where it offers you three types of right. First is reading where you can view the contents of files stored in a folder - directory or file content. In text mode, this attribute is identified as an R and then comes write to modify the same. It is also possible to create files within a folder or directory. It gets the letter W.

For a simple managment fo user account you can create different groups in order. This makes the working mush easier for you to handle more than one acount. There are also possiblities of handling resources in that. You can at one see all the group from System > Administartion > Users and Group and setup the settings.