Thread: UAC message Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer

UAC message Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer

I had upgraded to Windows 7 and after that I install a editor in my system. While running the setup I found a message on the screen saying Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer. The message was popped out by the user account control. I need some help here to fix the settnigs of uac so that some tools or my applications can be left.

Re: UAC message Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer

I don't think so this is possible. The whole idea of UAC is that the user must always give permission to change the system. The only way to launch an app with admin rights without her authorization request is that it is itself initiated by an application that has already made the changes in right. But in Windows 7 the UAC will ask permission to modify the system at every launch, but the user will not need to run as administrator each time.

Re: UAC message Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer

If you want you can stop it. This is popup which will trouble you again and again. It is a feature to prevent a change advanced settings on your Windows system. So when you make a change requiring administrative rights, a message asks you to confirm your choice. The software or utilities that require administrator rights are easily recognizable by their small shield on the software icon. You can check the settings for this in control panel.

In the Start menu in search box below type UserAccountControlSettings. The configuration window opens UAC. Simply lower the level of reporting at least with the cursor and then confirm by clicking OK and then Yes. Then it will not appear and you can with the same command can run the utility again to enable or disable the same. You can set the setting to off on permanent basis.

It is possible to Disable UAC by windows registry. But that will make disable on permanent basis. Basically this is designed to make your system much secure. To open the registry, type regedit in the search bar in the Start Menu and type enter. Go to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System. In the right pane change the key EnableLUA to assign the value 0. It is necessary to restart your computer for the change to take effect.

I had kept a small handy shortcut for enabling and disabling the UAC. It is possible to create a shortcut that will simplify the procedure. Right click on the desktop and then choose New > Shortcut. Then you can see a Create Shortcut Wizard. In the box copy paste this : C: \ Windows \ System32 \ cmd.exe / k% windir% \ System32 \ reg.exe ADD HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System / v EnableLUA / t REG_DWORD / d 0 / f and then click on Next. When you double click this the UAC will be disabled. And only at the end if you add d 1 / f will create a shortcut that will enable the same.

The UAC is a mechanism for data protection. It lets you run default programs with restricted privileges, thereby preventing applications can run with administrative rights, which would change the security of the operating system. The removal is very easy and you can from control panel add some application under exception list also to avoid blocking of the same.