Thread: How do I get round Windows 7's file permissions

How do I get round Windows 7's file permissions

There is the problem of access to files as an administrator. Some files are impossible to read every time the same mesage. You do not have permissions to access this folder so even if I click continue. I want to delete the same but I am not getting support for the same. I need some help to deal with the file permission support in Windows 7. What is the simple way to manage this out.

Re: How do I get round Windows 7's file permissions

It is bit difficult to explain about the file permission support. You need to right click on the folder and then choose the properties. You might need admin rights for this to access the folder rights and permission. You can also click below to change the administrator and choose the option from the box. If you are logged in as admininstrator then you can simply tick the box and then apply the same.

Your problem is that you lost the administrator access to your folder or file which you are trying to access. This happened usually after formatting. For the same there is quiet similar procedure. Right click on your file and then click on properties. Now go to security and then click on advanced. Now click on owner and then click on change. From here choose your name and then click on OK.

It is possible to assign file permission to specific user only. For that just right click on your file and then click on properties. Go to the same secuirty. In that you can add a group, user and then click on add. Add your your username and elow you put all the access allowed. Then normally you have regained control of your administrator folder / file and you can do whatever you want with that file.

I also have certein issue in my Windows after a upgrade. I am trying to delete file from C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Rockstar Games. It gives error Access denied. Unable to save permission changes on Rockstar Games. I had removed the game GTA long before and this folder lied here. I tried usig CCleaner to wipe out old registry settings but still there is not much help here.

There is a simple tool for that called as take ownership. A very small tool which gives you direct permission to delete the folder. You can practice to become the owner, changing the permissions directly from the context menu of Windows. This feature can be used to change the permissions DACL. In other words lets you change permissions on files and folders.

In my case I am working in a group and the group is set as the default workgroup with Windows. I had never had such problems about accessing files and folders in past. I am trying to look at the preview properties which is a part of corporate network. But still when I put files on this computer and set the same for a private use the same is accessed by others.