Thread: Split screen option windows 7

Split screen option windows 7

I wish I could use the screen sharing and iChat for Leopard to control a computer that is not on my local network and using Windows! Is there any split screen option windows 7? Or with what software do it? In the worst case, is there any Windows software that can manage the function screen sharing remotely? Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Split screen option windows 7

You must install a VNC server on the computer on windows: tightvnc example (note: only install the server and register as a service for convenience). Open the Windows Firewall to accept access to tightvnc. If the computer is behind a router, open UDP port 5900 and TCP 3283 on the router. On safari, type vnc: / / ip_ordi_windows: 5900 and screen sharing opens.

I totally agree with the above reply tightVNC is a free remote control software package. With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer. TightVNC is:
    • Free for both personal and commercial usage, with full source code available,
    • Useful in administration, tech support, education, and for many other purposes,
    • Cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, with Java client included,
    • Compatible with standard VNC software, conforming to RFB protocol specifications.

Remote Desktop is simplest tool that Microsoft provides. New Multiple Session Support Gives Mac users simultaneous access to multiple Windows-based PCs or to a network server applications and remote hosts that queues. Since it works with Vista and Is a Universal application, Remote Desktop Connection Client 2 IS compatible with the latest technologies on Windows and Mac platforms.

I never managed to run the remote connection client 2.0 on leopard on my internal network even. Vnc with no problems, but other than tile but I think it's related to the fact that the mini under bootcamp I installed Windows MCE (media center) that although it is a windows 7 cannot for example join a domain (restrictions which considers a media center Microsoft does not need it.

It is possible; this is because of the previous version of Windows. I have no problem with machines on Windows 7. I do not even know with which of the 8 versions. You just need to configure this thing perfectly and I am sure that if you do the configuration properly then you can get the things perfectly. If you have any other problem let me know I will try to solve it.