Thread: Multiple desktops in windows 7

Multiple desktops in windows 7

I recently connected two screens on my computer (Nvidia 9500GT 1024MB on) and I would like to know if it is possible to display a different desktop on each screen, not as an extended desktop I have now, but two offices each with its own distinct task bar start menu full of the system tray. Any related reply for multiple desktops in windows 7 will be appreciated.

Re: Multiple desktops in windows 7

I think that the solution would be having two video cards videos (like on a laptop)? But the problem is that if you can have only one video, maybe because of any reason. In that case I am not able to provide you any solution but you can wait here, because this is good forum and you will get any related reply for your problem.

Dr. V Guest

Microsoft did not deem it necessary to integrate management of virtual desktops in Windows 7. Yet Microsoft has a similar application which is called Sysinternals Desktops. It is a manager of four virtual desktops free. The user can configure the keyboard shortcuts to switch from one virtual desktop to another. In the notification area near the time, a simple click on the icon Desktops opens a preview window virtual desktop and choose one of them.

For those who have already taste to virtual desktops on Linux Releases (type Mandriva) I found a little disappointing that Microsoft is not proposing that "standard" Windows 7. My research led me on Microsoft TechNet to find a solution official Microsoft (Windows Sysinternals), which is free and more compatible 64bit: Download: Desktops.zip and in addition there is no installation. there is another solution, as VirtuaWin (not tried) just an advice anyway, put the folder "Desktops" in the root system drive C: and not in the directory "Programs", otherwise you risk being constantly disturbed by a warning dialog of the UAC.

Thank you for the information that you have provide, that's what I was looking for. By cons, it seems that only manages desktops aero as the first window. There would be a solution for the aero work on the 4 windows (like the visual effects in linux)? Can you provide any help related to this thing? I will be waiting for your reply.

WindowsPager is truly the indispensable application for managing virtual desktops. Despite the absence of some configuration settings that would be welcome - number of virtual desktops, launch at Windows startup, etc.. One can only hope to enjoy in a future version because WindowsPager only in beta at the moment.

I do not even understand that the Windows team did not include that type of basic function; it would have made an additional argument for the next "revolutionary" 7. Finally, in any case it will make me service when I use my session 7 (RC POWA). Any ways thank you for the replies that you have given. If you have any other suggestion then let me know.