Thread: Removing foreign language fonts in windows 7.

Removing foreign language fonts in windows 7.

Is there anyone who knows the way to remove the foreign language fonts from my windows 7? Actually the thing is that the option for removing this or not including this thing is not given at the time of installation. I have also tried to delete that thing manually but windows 7 is not allowing me to that thing. It is giving me error message that these are the system font and cannot be deleted. Hence I need the method for removing foreign language fonts from windows 7.

Re: Removing foreign language fonts in windows 7.

Well I am not sure about the font that you are trying to delete that from your system. But for removing the font from your windows 7 system you have follow these steps. First you have to click on the Start Orb then type font that in the search box. After that click on the font in the search result, then you have to highlight the font that you want to delete from your system and then just press delete key and that will be delete from your system.

Thanks for the reply that you have given but my friend the solution that you have given is not working for me. Actually the thing is that I have upgraded the system from the previous operating system of Windows XP. Hence the fonts that were present there get installed in the system automatically. But I have managed to delete some of the fonts by the method that you have suggested. Can you provide any other solution for this problem?

I am also facing the similar problem; first I thought that it will better to hide the fonts. But the thing is that it will not solve the problem for CS4. Basically I am a Mac OS X user and currently shifted to windows 7. If this problem is not solved then undoubtedly I will switch back to Mac OS X, since Mac OS X is not having such problem. I think that managing fonts in Windows 7 is a headache. Is there anyone who can suggest me the solution for this problem?

The problem is that in Windows 7 font are not the individual files. Hence for that you have to take control of the file with the takeown /f and after that you have to take full control cacls. If that does not solve your problem then you can try to delete the complete font folder and then again create that insert the fonts that are required. But this thing is a bit risky.

Try to take control of the font family by right click on the font family and after that double click on the font family. This step will take you to the font family folder. Then you have to change the permissions to full control. Then you have to start your computer system in safe mode and then try to delete all the fonts from your system that you do not need in your system. I hope this will help you to solve the problem you are facing.

I have deleted some of the fonts from my those are not required, I have followed the steps that is given in the above reply and started the system in safe mode and removed some fonts but the problem is that many other fonts present there that cannot be deleted from my system. Still windows 7 is not allowing me to delete the fonts. Any related reply for solving this problem will be appreciated.