Thread: How do I disable Windows 7 Magnifier?

How do I disable Windows 7 Magnifier?

I want to know how do I disable Windows 7 Magnifier. I have the idea that it is having the checkbox that can be used for that purpose. I have unchecked that thing for the starting at the startup, but I do not know what is the problem related to that, the mouse button starts it automatically. Normally I utilize that button for my other purpose. I have no idea why windows 7 is not allowing to map that thing to other applications. Any related reply will be appreciated.

Re: How do I disable Windows 7 Magnifier?

Well the solution for your problem is really simple you just need to follow these simple steps. First of all click on the Star6t button then go to All programs then go to Accessories and then go to Ease of Access Center. After that you need to click on “Make the computer easier to use” that can be seen at the bottom of the screen. After that you have uncheck the option for “Turn on magnifier”. Then click on ok, that’s it you system will get back to normal position.

Thanks for the quick response, but the reply is not helpful for me. I mean it is not taking care of the problem that I am having. I have followed each and every step that you have said but it is not helpful. I just want to get rid of this thing, if you have any better solution than this then please let me know about it. I will be waiting for the related reply.

I was also facing the similar problem of magnifier, it was turning ON even if I turn that thing OFF, but now I have got the solution for this problem. I will suggest you to alter your mouse scheme settings from windows Aero to Window standard mode. For doing that you need to follow these simple steps; first you have to open the mouse properties window, then you have to click on the Pointer window and then you have to click on the Pointer tab and after that you have to select the Windows standard scheme from the scheme of drop down menu. This will definitely solve your problem.

I have a better solution for your problem. First you need to go into mouse properties that is given in control panel and after that you have to go to “device settings” and after that “settings” then you need to click on "pinch zoom" and then uncheck that thing. Now that thing will not work if you are using your touchpad that was causing the problem. One more thing you need to keep in mind that if this thing comes again because of any reason, then you need to follow the procedure again.

I will like to bring your notice that if you are having synaptics pointing device then you can disable that thing very easily. But I will suggest you to do this thing if the above steps are not working for you. If that is the case then you would be having alps pointing that will not allow you to see the device settings. You will need to check the pointing device. I hope that this will help you for solving the problem.

piyushbali Guest

I was also having trouble with the magnifier activating even though it was turned off. Try changing your mouse scheme settings from Windows Aero to Windows standard: In the Mouse Properties window, click on the Pointers tab and then select the Windows Standard scheme from the scheme drop down menu. This fixed the problem for me.

I have got the solution for the problem and for that I have renamed the magnifier.exe to something like magnifier_disabled.exe that is in the system32 directory. But for renaming this file you need to take control of that file. For that you have right click on the file then go to properties and then to security tap and after that Advanced Button and at last on owner tab. After reaching there you have to make yourself owner of that file. Only after that you will be able to rename that file.