Thread: Problem installing Linux

Problem installing Linux

Hello, I have a problem and is wanting to install linux, whatever ... as I have tested with openSuse 10.0, 10.2 and 10.3 in both 32 and 64 bits, and also Ubuntu 5.10 and 6.06 at 32 and 64 bits, once we loaded the cd, just before starting the installation options, says cd not found. I have two dvd drives and it's the same in both. Any solution to forget once windows, please? I am eagerly waiting for your responses.

Re: Problem installing Linux

Forget windows ... What is said is going to be forgotten .... today a bit difficult, since Microsoft has the best programs and most importantly, it comes ready to play a lot more than anything else, is ie the directx 9.0c is well established now ... The quality you can offer windows XP is better than Linux. I also Windows compatible. I recommend Linux to break down barriers so you can experiment and learn 3 more times. Since it is not as easy as xp, but everything you want to do anything on the Internet (this for those who are newbies). It is rather to have it work because I do not see fit to play.

I disagree that Microsoft has the best programs. I use Linux programs are much better than his imitation of Windows (and most of them free!). In terms of quality of games do not argue, no doubt offering for Windows is much wider than for Linux, and there no where to scratch, but with Cedega and / or Wine on Linux can play a large part of the catalog of games available for Windows and DirectX. On the compatibility, that's a thing of the past. Today Linux is compatible with the vast majority of devices in the market and, most important, most of the cases without installing drivers, as modules are included as a kernel itself. Try installing the latest version of Ubuntu, 7.10, which includes greater support for all types of devices.

One of the main problems for those who want to start using Linux, you do not have very clear what they need and what steps should follow to install and configure the operating system. A few years ago the process of installation and configuration of a Linux system was a little tricky for users without knowledge and that they wanted to press a button and the thing works. This has changed dramatically in recent times and almost all distributions come with some software installation and configuration are very easy to use for users with basic computer skills.

Are you willing to install Linux after learning a bit more about this system work, do you think it is worth installing? If so read on. Just let you know that from the beginning, Unix / Linux has been used in universities and scientific communities and this heritage can be noticed sometimes. To do certain things with the system will have to know how it works, and the option of pressing a button without having to know what is happening, sometimes does not exist. But as we said before, this has changed radically in the last years. Once we know the essence of the operating system we are installing is a good idea to check that we have this hardware supported by Linux. Most of the system installation problems are because of hardware we have, which may not be supported or need a "special" treatment to work.

Booting, or "bootstrapping" for us grown-up folk, is that deeply unsolved chain of operation perform by your computer between the moment when you switch it on and the moment it's ready for you to log in. During this time, all kind of incomprehensible messages scroll up the screen, but they're not something you usually take much notice of, and most Linux distros cover them up with a pretty splash screen and a nice hopeful improvement bar. This is all fine, of course, until it stops working. In this tutorial we'll examine the boot process in more detail, look in particular at what can go wrong, and how to diagnose and fix the problem.

For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. *Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options. For more*details*VNCServer

A good idea to install Linux for the first time, is to make a distribution. Since you know that is a distribution and where to get it, you have to choose one. I will not say which one is better than another, everything is a matter of taste. I can give you advice, Suse and Ubuntu are great distros for users who do not want to complicate your life without losing the power and versatility of Linux.

I use Redhat at work and SuSE / Ubuntu at home and am very happy with them, both personally and professionally, installation processes are simple, clear manuals and work without problems. But I repeat, everything is a matter of taste and quality of the distributions is generally high. Well, it is assumed that you have decided on a distribution. Depending on the distribution of your choice, this will come with an installation manual. You should read your manual before you start.

Once you've finished the installation and the system boots without problems, a number of steps you should follow. Depending on the distribution you have installed, some of these steps and have they done in the installation process and there are graphical programs that greatly simplify this:
    • Opening a user account to use the system. The root user should only be used for tasks of Management System
    • Run the X Window System-windows. Much more comfortable using the system in graphical mode to text mode, no?
    • Configure your Internet connection.
    • Install programs that do not come with the distribution