Thread: How to transfer windows 7 from a 20G hard drive to a 69G hard drive?

How to transfer windows 7 from a 20G hard drive to a 69G hard drive?

I am having an issue regarding which i need to know about. I am currently working on the Windows 7 which is 20G hard drive and now i wanted to transfer the same onto the 60G but when looking around to do so i am not finding any way. So if any one is having knowledge then please let me know about the same. Thank you.

Re: How to transfer windows 7 from a 20G hard drive to a 69G hard drive?

It is not possible to transfer the complete file with the Bootable system. If you wanted to shift the complete then you have use the External hard drive where you have to take the back up and then plug the 60G hard drive and then boot the image from the external hard drive. This will help you for the same. Thanks.

You have to use the Norton Ghost which will create the image of existing system and then it will create the back up of then system .It will later on you can restore the complete back up of the system so if you can then go through the back up and then restore the same. Try it once and see whether it is working or not.

With the recent release of Windows Vista SP2 I was interested in finding out what's new by restoring my Complete PC Backup image of Vista SP1 and updating it to SP2. I thought I would use the opportunity also to test out the backup features in Windows 7. Windows Vista introduced very powerful suite of backup tools that made securing your installation of Windows a more confident experience. Complete PC Backup and Backup are two additions that provide options for backing your personal data such as Libraries, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos and other application files or your entire installation of Windows 7 either to an external hard disk or remote location such as a Network drive.
    For more click here.