Thread: DirectDraw applications freeze on Windows 7 anywhere between 1 minute and 3 hours into running them

DirectDraw applications freeze on Windows 7 anywhere between 1 minute and 3 hours into running them

I have come to know that Windows XP is very much stable as compared to Windows 7. I have done a clean install to Windows 7 now and found out that there are problems of this operating system with many applications, softwares and games. After using the system for sometime, I have come to a conclusion that the DirectDraw applications freeze on Windows 7 anywhere between 1 minute and 3 hours into running them. I want the views of all the Windows 7 users on this conclusion.

Re: DirectDraw applications freeze on Windows 7 anywhere between 1 minute and 3 hours into running them

I support your conclusion that all the DirectDraw applications freeze on Windows 7 anywhere between 1 minute and 3 hours into running them. I have experienced such problems in the following games:
    • Starcraft
    • Age of Empires

Installing proper drivers, too does not resolve this issue. I think that neither Microsoft nor the officials of these games have been able to release a fix for such unusual problems encountered in Windows 7.

Re: DirectDraw applications freeze on Windows 7 anywhere between 1 minute and 3 hours into running them

Along with the problem that the DirectDraw applications freeze on Windows 7 anywhere between 1 minute and 3 hours into running them, there are some additional issues being faced. They are generally a black screen or a system free. Various Windows 7 users get different types of error messages with different applications and programs.

I have been able to eradicate the situations like DirectDraw applications freeze on Windows 7 anywhere between 1 minute and 3 hours into running them with the help of the compatibility mode. I use the Windows XP mode for an incompatibility faced with any applications or games in Windows 7. Inorder to get into this mode, the troubleshoot compatibility option will help.

Dr. V Guest

It seems that many of the Windows 7 users are still not aware of the compatibility tool. Actually, almost all the applications and programs that are having any types of incompatibility issues with Windows 7 are provided with such tools. When this tool is installed before the application or program is installed, all the required compatibility settings will be done for it to run without any issues in Windows 7.